Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

jimsg60 - henny etc...

Got my mag delivered this morning - I look a bit of a non-smiley miserable git (no change there then!) but the articles good. I was hoping for an 'in motion' professional picture of my car but never mind!

AARRGGHH!!! I STILL haven't got a copy... the local news agents around here are utter $#!t... :( :mad:

You are in the 10 fastest Corrado's in the Hall Of Fame at the back of the mag as well mate :D

jim, what happend to your 0-60 time?

i would have thought that 200bhp+ raddo's would have been quicker than that?

or was it the conditions mate?

Conditions and the fact that i've never done a standing 1/4 mile sprint so I wasn't really sure on the best way to do it!

I'd like to try and avenge that time at Santa Pod to be honest :)

The top speed is confusing because G60BV in the sweet white G60 couldn't get past me on the straight yet he peaked at 140MPH and I did 133MPH?! Its odd....

And the odd thing is Henny's car is listed as 15.6 1/4 mile... i'm sure Elliot said 13.4 on the day?

hell, I'm still happy with 15.6 in the wet! 8) :D

*STILL* haven't managed to get hold of a copy though... :mad:

Well my old Golf Turbo pulled a 7 second 0-60 and a 14.9 1/4 mile at Bruntingthorpe, also in the wet - with an open diff!

It was running about 225 bhp then. Felt a lot quicker than the numbers imply, which is all I care about.

To be honest, 13.6 is a bit optimistic imo, especially as half the 500+ bhp Skylines were struggling to get below 13 at the Pod last Sunday.....

Was still a cracking day out - still want to do a forum blast for all Corrado's, not just the forced induction ones.

Wanna hear a VR6 going full bore down the big straight :D

Wanna hear a VR6 going full bore down the big straight :D

oooh, yeah! now that would be good to hear! :D 8)

bruntingthorpe is a bad surface. it's concrete (rough, but slippy when wet), and scattered with pebbles.

get yourself to the pod to see what time you can REALLY run.

as for the 13.4 or 13.6....stop kidding yourself, please....it's embarrassing.

Conditions and the fact that i've never done a standing 1/4 mile sprint so I wasn't really sure on the best way to do it!

I'd like to try and avenge that time at Santa Pod to be honest :)

The top speed is confusing because G60BV in the sweet white G60 couldn't get past me on the straight yet he peaked at 140MPH and I did 133MPH?! Its odd....

thats easy to explain 1st we were two up when racing you down the back straight and 2nd ran out of coolent in the charge cooler...

still ya car pulled bloody well jim so dont be sad be proud !! :lol:

bruntingthorpe is a bad surface. it's concrete (rough, but slippy when wet), and scattered with pebbles.

get yourself to the pod to see what time you can REALLY run.

as for the 13.4 or 13.6....stop kidding yourself, please....it's embarrassing.

Yeah, there were loads of pebbles on the track... When Rich Roberts came past me on the straight (I was doing a braking 100->0 run! ;) ) the amount of crap his car threw up at mine was mental... If you go, DON'T follow another car around too closely if you like your paint/ windscreen! :crazyeyes:

The grip on the corner going into the main straight was pretty crappy too... I had a serious moment there at about 75mph where I thought I'd lost it completely and was gonna end up spinning off somewhere... :| Wheel spin out of some of the other corners made for some interesting drifting too, but the main straight was reasonably dry at the main braking points which was probably just as well when trying to come down from 140ish MPH! :lol:

My car WILL be at Pod (and York) next season and may have had a few more little tweaks by then so we'll see what she can do then... As for the 13.6 time: As I say, I was only going on what Elliot had said, I was suprised by the 7.02 0-60 time and gob-smacked by the 1/4mile when he said it, but I'm still more than happy with 15.4... 8)

sorry to go off a bit here but has anyone realised the new low PVW has hit this month by publishing insults to "the Golf" mag and then having the picture of the editor and dep-editor right next to it

I guess they had to do something to get there sales up :roll:

sorry to go off a bit here but has anyone realised the new low PVW has hit this month by publishing insults to "the Golf" mag and then having the picture of the editor and dep-editor right next to it

I guess they had to do something to get there sales up

PVW is shite and gets worth every month, I went into Smiths today to get a copy just for this article but ended up reading it in there and buying Golf+ instead, far better technical stuff in there and they feature proper modified VW's not £20k Rice'd up mongrels..

I guess they had to do something to get there sales up

PVW is shite and gets worth every month, I went into Smiths today to get a copy just for this article but ended up reading it in there and buying Golf+ instead, far better technical stuff in there and they feature proper modified VW's not £20k Rice'd up mongrels..

ok ok ok so since when has a retro mk1 derby been a 20k rice mongrel then.... :lol: :lol:

PVW is shite and gets worth every month, I went into Smiths today to get a copy just for this article but ended up reading it

Same here, I'm afraid, I almost don't buy that rag out of principle :oops: The Goof+ at least has some techie articles in it which are sometimes handy to have. Then again, I hardly buy any of them unless there's a Mk1 Rocco in 'm :lol:

Tempest

mate totaly agree with u The Golf def has the better "readers cars" than cheque book ones

Guess once i run out of toilet paper i know what to use now :D

I must say I was highly embarrased to be buying PVW, but I'll be mostly wiping my arse on the pages that don't have a Corrado on them :lol: It is truly appauling what some people have done to those perfectly good dubs :cry: Why don't they just call it Max VW I don't know :roll:

Completely disagree.

PVW eatures all the best cars, from all over the world.

The golf is sh1te, horrible looking mag, badly photographed, utterly useless techniacal "how to's", and anar5e hole of an "expert" who disagrees totally with anything oui of factory spec. as for that mk4 they featured this month.....dear oh dear....