Sign in to follow this  
Trippy

just been offered a very nice VR6 storm, whats it worth?

I'd be more worried about pikeys ripping the storm badges off and floggin them on Ebay for £80.

That's true, but hey I am no pikey! Hence I am selling both badges together incl. the gear badge...

I still worried about leaving just the red VR6 badge on the car, as they aren't too easy to get anymore. Just a matter of time, somebody will rip it off...

still worried about leaving just the red VR6 badge on the car

What the Grille badges? are the red ones rare. I've got one on my storm and keep thinking about turning it back to a silver one just to get it back to standard. Didn't know they were rare :lol:

What the Grille badges? are the red ones rare. I've got one on my storm and keep thinking about turning it back to a silver one just to get it back to standard. Didn't know they were rare

Well I had trouble finding them! I am talking about the RED VR6 grill badge. They don't make them anymore and you can only get them secondhand now. My mate also had trouble finding his too. I guess the red badge was only on the corrado VR6 for about a year, so will become harder to find. Luckily Josh on the forum had one kicking around in his garage, which I bought. Silver ones are still easy to pick up, GPC etc...

I have a silver one (tiny stone chips though) if you want it can part exchange for your red one? Wouldn't mind a spare...

Sorry to hijack the thread, back to the storm.... with 13k on the clock should go for way more than £10k considering some of the cars seen on auto for about £9.5k with many more miles.... man that leather must be brand new too!! One day...

Interestingly, despite everyone on here saying that only early VR6s had red "VR6" badges, my 96 VR had red badges.. Now of course I've no guarantee that they weren't put on after it left the factory, but there you go. Maybe it's "early and late black VR6s" that had red badges?

Interestingly, despite everyone on here saying that only early VR6s had red "VR6" badges, my 96 VR had red badges.. Now of course I've no guarantee that they weren't put on after it left the factory, but there you go. Maybe it's "early and late black VR6s" that had red badges?

well if you look in a 95 m/y Corrado brochure you'll see that its chrome VR6 badges that are used.......i have a red VR6 front badge on mine....but i put it there....chances are yours has also been added by a previous owner

chances are yours has also been added by a previous owner

I would guess that too. My storm has a red badge cos its had a new grill at some point (maybe original was stolen/vandalised). It definitely should have had a chrome one when it left the factory

ive got a "storm" grille badge' date=',, are these worth 8k+[/quote']

Is that the Scirocco one? Got a spare one of those too ;)

18 K miles? You would have to take a helluva long time convincing me that was genuine....even if it was garaged