Sign in to follow this  
Mike Edwards

I have a problem...

man, that's bad!

but even worse, I drove a Ferrai 348 at the weekend and hated it, then drove a WRX STI Version 7 (prodrive spec) and loved it to bits!

:|

I dunno... i'm put off by them.. in the place that I work there are about 6 new Mini's in the car park (only has room for about 40 or so cars) - they just got way too common, WAY too quickly. And it seems like the more accessories you add onto them, the more girlie and cliche they seem to get..

But out of them all I wouldn't mind a standard Cooper S, maybe with the Hartge tuning package on it :)

Man, that was close.....I read the title and thought you had the clap! :lol:

jeeeez i thought he'd .........sold another Corrado/changed another sunroof/bought another Corrado*

*delete which is applicable :wink:

Someone I work with is one of the Mini owners (Cooper S in a nice deep blue colour) - was surprised to hear him say that its not a particularly good car for overtaking at any kind of speeds, which is surprising I would have thought its power to weight ratio when compared to my Rado would make it a demon for that kinda things?

Not particularly inspiring for the money though, really... £16,000?! Buy a G60 for £4000 and go to town on rebuilding, respraying, and having something a bit less common and something a bit more fun :D

Man, that was close.....I read the title and thought you had the clap!

:lol: :lol:

Mike, was it the S or the Works S (bigger blower)

a mate of mines just bought a cooper s and says its quick off the line, but a bit poo at motorway speeds which i suppose echos the 'overtaking' comment before. They're ok IMO, but they're a bit of a trendy car and i wouldnt have one for the same reasons I wouldnt have a TT, far too common in the super-fashonable circles! Give me a subtle g60'd mk1 with a few tweeks and i'll show the mini boys whos boss! better looking, faster, more exclusive and more of a head turner for a fraction of the price.

'couse it could just be sour grapes becuase i cant afford one....the tw*t. :mrgreen:

It was the S.

The 6-speed box is pretty close ratio and generally low geared so while acceleration in gear is fine, you need to change up when overtaking.

It weighs the same as a Corrado VR6 btw...

Jesus! They are making cars lardy these days!!

I'll enjoy wasting my workmate on the roads if we ever end up driving anywhere then ;)

I'll get you a handbag and some hair clippers to go with it if you want... :mrgreen:

My thoughts Exactly The Mini and the TT are total girlie hairdressers cars

I wont even start with Puntos and their Xenon headlights !

Chubbers

I'll get you a handbag and some hair clippers to go with it if you want... :mrgreen:

My thoughts Exactly The Mini and the TT are total girlie hairdressers cars

Chubbers

:lol: :lol:

I wonder if Mike 's memory goes back the AmD Rollling Road Day back in April and the development MINI they had in the workshop.

BIG turbo, Nitro, 330mm brakes.... 285bhp without NItro, 365bhp with the NO2 kicking in.

Oh shit I think I want one too now :D

Oh I remember the MINI at AMD - it was what originally got me thinking about them.

LOTS of modifying potential, good handling, solid residuals and I like the look (not sure about the dash though).

Pretty much why I bought the Corrado VR6 - only I wasn't thinking of modifications - and the sound, well....

If it was a proper 60's "S" then I'd agree with you Mike; I was there!!. They were awesome in their era. And for anyone else old enough to remember, that rattle from the idler gear on tick over was fantastic.

The Corrado is THE best car in the world... LOL... or perhaps not.. We own a Cooper S as a company slut car. We are gunni piging some of ornew tuning bits for them upon it. The Corrado is a classic car of its time and the Mini is set to have the same status. I love my VW 's though and though, but it is nice to have a bit of varity from time to time. Have driven my fair share of Corrado's from stock G60 to monster G60s and a few VR6's. Would take a pretty sorted Corrado to stick with a Cooper 'S' point to point. Corrado's do have a bit more driver envolvement than the Mini, but ditch the mini's gay 17's for a set of VAG 15' steelies and things liven up a bit.

and another good reason.. (ignore the 2 lights, one is the seat belt pretensioners fooked and the other a brake wear sensor that got fried on a trackday)

pic thumbnailed-vr6storm

193bhp for a lot less than a Cooper works kits.. plenty more to come.. Speak to you soon Mike when we tune you Mini :wink:.

Chubbers

........... or Corrado's with lack of Headlights .. :)

Okay, I know I am going to sound stupid but what is a rolling road, and why do some people only spectate?

Rollling Road Day back in April