Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

Smoothing ???

i wanna get rid of my door mirrors and side repeaters filled and smoothed....jus wanna kno abt the mirrors really what would happen at mot time??????????????

i can a lot of hassle coming my way if i do this

also what abt the rear wiper?? YES or NO im not quite sure should it stay or go

Thanks in advance

Furk'z

Getting rid of the door mirrors is just plain stupid IMHO.

It's not like removing a badge or summat.

Get rid of the rear wiper though! 8)

You've got the same ideas as me :p

I've taken the rear wiper of.. no probs there.. with regards to mirrors etc no idea bro.. side repeaters I no DanG60 cars hasnt got any, dont see that being a problem either.. :wink:

I think you can lose the passenger side mirror, but not the drivers side. I wouldent though unless replacein with diff mirrors

Yea lose the wiper & motor, thats a weight saveing as well :)

VR6, im ill dont call me stoopid, stoopid

i think law says u need any 2 mirrors out the 3

might get rid of rear wipe after the sh1t weather finishes

side repeat poss go next time car is in bodyshop

CRAZYMARCEL---weight saving lol the 2x12" subs and amp will balance dat out

I said getting rid of them was stupid. You haven't yet got rid of them, therefore, you are not being classed as stupid (yet ;)).

Do you not use your mirrors?!!

VR6, bit pointless,, cant see sh1t out of em just use the interior mirror for hunting out cops and thats abt it

its normnally the cars in front that u need to keep an eye on the rear is the past innit,,,,like ex girlfriends leave em in dat ditch :p

I couldnt get mine through the MOT without side repeters!

it depends on the mot tester..ive been toying with the idea of incorperating them, into the door mirrors,but gave up on the idea after my 6th pint

ive been toying with the idea of incorperating them, into the door mirrors

HAHA thats wot I did (merc style), only took me a day, and didnt need to repaint!

The MOT testers who would pass the repeaters wouldnt pass the suspension, emisions and no cat.

The one who passed all them funnily enough just failed it on the side repeaters, lesser of the evils I thought!

If i remember correctly the law says that all cars produced after 1984 must have side repeters, but i would say its down to how frendly you are with your MOT guys.

loose the rear wiper! i did mine not that long ago and then realised winter was coming and thought 'AR$E!!' but TBH its not made much difference. if the rear windows misted in the morning then just wipe it over with your hand then stick the rear window heater on...job done. I think it looks a load better although the comments from people at work went along the lines of 'well whos going to notice that!?' philistines!

I wouldnt be loosing my mirrors though, i like the crap sounding motors in them too much

Agreed about the rear wiper in winter!! Best thing to do is keep an old wiper blade behind the seat and just wiper the water off with it every morning and hey presto 8)

To be honest, once the rear screen has had a thorough wiping first thing in the morning (Dinkus, Supercharged - behave!) it doesn't need wiping again :lol:

Wing mirrors provide plenty of view - great for parking, etc? I don't see the problem with them.

I wouldn't remove them for daily driving - would just be an accident waiting to happen I think.

doesnt that RAIN-X help on the rear' date=',,or is that thing jus all advertising and no action[/quote']

I use it on my rear window, no probs!!

be brave :p

Bally, will do it one time, once i get the rear lights sorted and the number plate recess so dont have to keep messing abt

drawing up many plans at the mo one interior and ice and tuning (well some of it) concentrating on the outside now

safe bro.. nutter toway conversation going on here :lol:

i got loads & loads to do to myn... :roll: