Sign in to follow this  
theRuler

freakin' road tax

my tax is up this month.

its not fair. i have a big engine, therefore i use more fuel, and pay more in tax through fuel. so why should i have to pay more road tax?

dont talk to me about pollution. my car has a CAT. yet i have to pay more tax than an old 1984 1100cc fiesta that is pumping out enough fumes to kill a small city.

damn. i also i have to try and find my MOT cert.

[/rant] :D

12 months tax? hotdamn i havent bought 12 months in one go since i rode a motorbike . . .

I'm used to forking out 3 digit sums now I've got a C :roll:

Hey Guys "SNAP" I havegot to pay for mine aswell not sure weather to buy 6 or 12 months because i am thinking of selling my baby C for a VR C! :|

Yup, i gotta pay £165 next month aswell....

If you have under a 1.4 its only £100!!! freaking cheak of it!

Isn't the RX8 a 1.3?

Yup, i gotta pay £165 next month aswell....

If you have under a 1.4 its only £100!!! freaking cheak of it!

Isn't the RX8 a 1.3?

something like that........but.........the RX8 is taxed on its Co2 levels as its a fairly new car IIRC the Co2 tax levels came out 2-3 years ago and its only pre 2000/2001cars that have the two tier road tax.......upto 1500cc and over 1501cc or something like that

yeah, I got a shock last month... 3 reminders in one hit! :crazyeyes:

Taxed the Corrado (6 months, am skint after the unplanned engine rebuild) and Sorn'd the MKI and MKII golfs... should keep 'em off my back for another 6months anyway.... 8)

yeah, I got a shock last month... 3 reminders in one hit! :crazyeyes:

Taxed the Corrado (6 months, am skint after the unplanned engine rebuild) and Sorn'd the MKI and MKII golfs... should keep 'em off my back for another 6months anyway.... 8)

Xmas/New year will be fun for me..........first the missus's SportKa runs out end of Dec.....so £140-ish then a month later the C needs taxing :roll:

how long do you get before the dvla chase you for not taxing or sorning?

my bro's mk2 16v ran out of tax in AUGUST. he still hasnt sorned. he's bone idle.

my bro's mk2 16v ran out of tax in AUGUST. he still hasnt sorned. he's bone idle.

he should have heard by now then..............if he hasn't tho........the chances are he better do something quickly :shock:

They sent out reminders automatically so there's every reason to suspect they can send out

penalty notices too. Sorry to be on a downer, wifes just had to tax her cruiser, along with a 12k service, bit of bodywork due to her crap parking, next it my C's drivers door, though will probably get the whole side and bonnet resprayed at the same time and then it's tax time for me too. :( just show me the razor blades now !

whats the tax break in the uk???

I thought it was only upto 1.3 engines but reading on here it looks like 1.6 now???

Alex, it's 1500cc...

I was looking at getting a 1.5TDI corsa as a cheap run about if my Corrado was any more damaged than it turned out she was 'cos the tax is cheap, the insurance is sod all and they do almost 50MPG! Still not a nice car though! :lol: