Sign in to follow this  
essee

Corrado MPG - Which is best?

I had 35mpg from norfolk to london- but at 120 I am lucky to get 20mpg. I would of thought that at speeds over 80, the VR6 would return the best economy. I have recently bought one of these fuel saver devices (not the eco tec one which did actually work on my previous car), I'm a bit of a sucker for gadgets. I haven't fitted it yet and not even sure if it will work at all but will review it once I have done about 1,000 miles with it. Apparently it is also good for the engine as it reduces carbon deposits... :wink:

at 90 my old 1.8 16v struggled to get 30mpg. My VR6 will easily do that because it is going at much lower revs. At legal motorway speeds I can get about 35pmg, which is not much worse than a 16v

My mpg seems to float around 22mpg according to the MFA. But my drive to work is only 15mins or so.

did my first long run since my recent re-rebuild and got a rather respectable 29.5mpg on the A50 to Nottingham from Stoke at a constant(ish) 90mph! 8)

I've never had over 25 mpg out of my G60. Something seems to be wrong with the gas pedal tho' everytime i look at it, its sitting on the floor... saying push harder, harder :lol: