Sign in to follow this  
AdamB

The Storm Debate

so if the storm carries a premium what happens if you change the looks a bit, larger wheels, tinted rear lights, lowered etc...then does it start to actually de-value the car as you lose the standard storm look??

I know most storm owners seem to keep it as vw intended....is that part of the reason?, just wondered really.

i know a lad locally with an N-plate storm, and i have a normal VR on a M-reg, the storm should be worth 10% more than the normal VR's, but most seem to add on a couple of grand :lol:

i also had many people prefer the leather in mine to the storm? are they different seats?

Everyone loves badges, so tomorrow after you've derfraged your Sony jeans, ironed your Prada toothbrush, and bleached your Slumberland inhaler just remember we're all short, black, white, smell, live in sets, and dislike terriers muchly.

Very well put indeed.

It has indeedy and they are lovely.

If i ever get the chance ill change my fronts for some beige Recaros.

It has indeedy and they are lovely.

If i ever get the chance ill change my fronts for some beige Recaros.

do it!!!!!

I did a cpl of weeks ago and what a difference lookswise!!!..............they should have had them from the off!!

IMG_19811536x1152.jpg

Dont show me these!!!!!!!!!

I want some now, there must be someone out there who has got a set for sale.

If you dont mind me asking how much did theys et you back and were they easy to get a hold of??

Dont show me these!!!!!!!!!

I want some now, there must be someone out there who has got a set for sale.

If you dont mind me asking how much did theys et you back and were they easy to get a hold of??

they set me back £100* :wink:

*had to buy a complete C VR6 with them first at £1900,swapped the seats and sold it on for £1800

A hundred quid, who in their right mind would sell them for that price???

I hope theyve got another set up for sale.

Youve done very well there, very well indeed!!!

Since my last input on this thread in 04 Ive had to sell my Storm. I was gutted but got a good price for it £6750 at 91k. Ive since bought a L reg VR, metalic black 99k ,no leather or air con. Needs a few jobs doing here and there £2950. Im having more fun because Im not so worried about it. Its not so important to keep the mileage down or avoid car parks. And Im enjoying getting my hands dirty and improving its condition.

Just read the small print!!!!!!!

Good plan though.

its quite a shame tho as the C that donated them was quite a good blank canvas,and I wish I could have justified keeping it,bizarrely enough the C was for sale for a few months and no takers

bizarrely enough the C was for sale for a few months and no takers

Well if you see another or want to swap your seats back to standard then im your man!!

not so worried about it. Its not so important to keep the mileage down or avoid car parks. And Im enjoying getting my hands dirty and improving its condition.

Got to admit that while i appreciate that my car is the last of the run i am tinkering with it. I havent bought it as an ornament and love the thing to pieces!!!

vr6storm

nice to see someone else has put recaros in there storm.i done it with mine and keep getting told they shouldnt be there. as you said they should have been there from the factory,

also the guy that started this post sold his storm at the start of the year.......to me,

vr6storm

nice to see someone else has put recaros in there storm.i done it with mine and keep getting told they shouldnt be there. as you said they should have been there from the factory,

also the guy that started this post sold his storm at the start of the year.......to me,

they're more there for the looks as i actually find the standard VW sports seats are more supportive,tho its not a biggie for me as I hardly go anywhere further than 100 miles in one trip in it now :wink: ...........the other thing I like about the Recaro is the headrest kinda matches the shape of the rear bench headrest,so it looks more uniform

Just read the small print!!!!!!!

Good plan though.

its quite a shame tho as the C that donated them was quite a good blank canvas,and I wish I could have justified keeping it,bizarrely enough the C was for sale for a few months and no takers

Where was it for sale at, I'm up north and have bene looking, work away a bit though, not looking now though, went south and got one ;)

at a Garage outside Perth

Think I know the one, L140 TSR?

If so I wanted it ok but not from the garage, there was a feck up by the sellers daughter, she let it go to him when I was on my way down to have first dibs as agreed...£1300 he paid for it.

I ended up getting a Storm anyway which was what really wanted, had to pay a little bit more.

at a Garage outside Perth

Think I know the one, L140 TSR?

If so I wanted it ok but not from the garage, there was a feck up by the sellers daughter, she let it go to him when I was on my way down to have first dibs as agreed...£1300 he paid for it.

I ended up getting a Storm anyway which was what really wanted, had to pay a little bit more.

thats the one :lol: ,the guy who sold it to me had bought it from the guy who bought it from the seller who's daughter fecked up by the sounds of it as he paid £1.7k for it from another trader(well so he told me....he seemed genuine enough),he had it up for £2.5k originally,I went to view it when it was £2.2k,drove it and it felt right,had a mate HPI check it as I was selling it straight on after removing the Recaro's,that came up clear,then when I knew I had a buyer waiting in the wings I paid £1.9k,swapped Recaro's and was happy to take a wee loss of £100,like Ive said tho,its a good blank canvas mechanically its as quiet as my 77k miler,just a pity I couldn't justify keeping it......bizarrely enough its now wearing grey leather Recaro's/interior,suits it better than beige tbh

It was Glenfarg that bought it just before I got there which was not meant to happen!

He had it on trader for 2595 then down to 2295.

The couple who were left in charge of the sale on the Saturday knew I was coming but let the guy take it away, make and offer and leave deposit.

They announced he was coming just as I called to let them know was en route! If I could have spoke to the mother who was working I think she would have tried to sort it out as I had spoke with her on the Friday evening.

She was pissed off, some Indian guys turned up in the evening offering 1k and they sat on doorstep, wouldnt go away, sounded bang out of order.

Weird thing was when I got to the address, they allowed me to start it up, check it out, gave me all the paperwork, then announced an offer had been made.....how much I ask....1300...oh and the guy has left a deposit!

Well now that's handy, I got a bit pissed off to say the least and buggered off!

The electrics on the passenger side one wasnt working when I was there and the Indians had done something to the sunroof as it gave up, also had a weird noise coming from the engine

Apart from that lke you say, pretty good motor, I never got as far as road testing it!