Sign in to follow this  
AdamB

The Storm Debate

sorting out the electrics in the next few weeks(hopefully its just a dodgy wire) tho not the end of the world if its a new motor £100-ish from VW.....so worst case means my Recaro's have cost me £200

the s/r is still bu66ered,but we know whats wrong

there wasn't any weird noise from the engine when I started it,apart from its unbelievably quiet for the miles and is totally smoke free from cold or when booting it...........even at the £1.9k I paid it was a bargain so if you did manage to buy it for £1.3k it would have been steal of the century,just needs rear discs.........but like I said I had it practically sold on when I picked it up,and managed to sell it on within days for just £100 loss,which I was happy to take as it got it out of my hair before I got too attatched to it

IMG_19911014x760.jpg

IMG_19831014x760.jpg

IMG_19851014x760.jpg

IMG_19841014x760.jpg

its also been relieved of its speedlines as Ive always wanted a set 8)

Looking sweet, didnt want to spend and arm and leg on a corrado, that one at 1300 would have done me fine.

I managed to get a storm at just a thousand more so maybe turned out for the best.

Are you the guy who is/was breaking a corrado, did you see Mark from Montrose a few bits and bobs?

yeah I was breaking a G60 in the summer and Mark took just about what was left,you a mate of Mark's then???.....£1k more for a Storm..........what you complaining about :lol:

what colour did you get? and what miles??

Mark works for the company who service our boiler and he was out replacing a flow switch on the Monday, I had just drove the Storm up from south on the Sunday so he was having a look around it and he mentioned yourself as someone has gave the front OS wing a bit of a kick, nothing to bad, also the fog lights cracked on front, he said you would be a good bet if needed stuff maybe.

I'm not complaining ;), ideally wanted an M or newer as still have an M** VRG plate on retention, the one I got is a Green, 95 N, with 151k, FVWSH.

Has 17" BBS wheels on it, got the originals too but they are a bit scabby and no tyres.

The 606 mile drive up the road was a long but enjoyable drive :D

ps L140 TSR, have you changed the leads on it, sure they were coloured ones when I viewed it.

Mark works for the company who service our boiler and he was out replacing a flow switch on the Monday, I had just drove the Storm up from south on the Sunday so he was having a look around it and he mentioned yourself as someone has gave the front OS wing a bit of a kick, nothing to bad, also the fog lights cracked on front, he said you would be a good bet if needed stuff maybe.

I'm not complaining ;), ideally wanted an M or newer as still have an M** VRG plate on retention, the one I got is a Green, 95 N, with 151k, FVWSH.

Has 17" BBS wheels on it, got the originals too but they are a bit scabby and no tyres.

The 606 mile drive up the road was a long but enjoyable drive :D

I've only got a N/S wing left and as it was off a G60 its slightly different from post92 models,Ive got a set of the Solitudes(not the ones on L140TSR btw same design obviously) that were refurbed by coatech in Carnoustie about 3+yrs ago for £30 per wheel,or there's that guy the "Polisher" near Glasgow who's meant to be decent........what sort of BBS did it come with btw.........you need to post pics up as thats quite a decent sounding indecently cheap Storm

ps those are the leads that were on it when I looked at it

BBS RC's methinks :D ..............and all for under £2.5k??? :crazyeyes:

Yes 2.3k..was going to chance my arm at 2k but dont think it was going to happen ;)

they're BBS VZ's/RZ's or summat with a Z in them IIRC...............still for under £2.5k I wouldn't exactly be grumbling :lol:

Is it just my PC or has the photos I put up vanished

What Photo Lol!

The photos I put up on page 4 which seem to be visible again, strange, just my old fella was wanting a look to see what the car looked like

The photos I put up on page 4 which seem to be visible again, strange,

If you don't log in you won't see them.