Sign in to follow this  
STORM 2

lights on warning buzzer - original equipment??

Does anyone know if the later Corrados came with a lights on warning buzzer?

Only reason I say this is that I was looking through the history file that came with my car and according to a LC Charles VW in Crewe worksheet:

"Checked for lights on warning buzzer, suspect buzzer has been removed to accommodate alarm wiring, no wiring diagrams available"

(labour charge £50 +VAT)

I was sure the Corrado didnt have a lights buzzer....Am I wrong?

My Storm definatly doesnt have one, and as this was one of the last C's made, if they put them on any, then it would make sense to keep them on the Storms too.

I thought not........delving deeper into this particular dealership's receipts I find they've charged some poor guy a total of £890.00 for work they havent carried out. For example - charged for a new spoiler control box including fitting at £236 when all theyve done is a cheap solder bypass job on the control box. And it gets worse

Outrageous :roll: :roll:

I thought not........delving deeper into this particular dealership's receipts I find they've charged some poor guy a total of £890.00 for work they havent carried out. For example - charged for a new spoiler control box including fitting at £236 when all theyve done is a cheap solder bypass job on the control box. And it gets worse

Outrageous :roll: :roll:

And people wonder why we say main dealers should be avoided at all costs :roll:

...they've charged some poor guy a total of £890.00 for work they havent carried out. For example - charged for a new spoiler control box including fitting at £236...

Gah, that's terrible. I was stung once, when I first had my Golf and was a bit of a mechanical noob. I took it in because I couldn't get any heat out of the heater and it was kinda vital with winter and what-not. They charged me for a new heater matrix and labour at some extortionate cost.. A couple of years later (while ripping out the dash) I discovered they'd simply fixed the heater control cables and cogs behind the dashboard... The matrix had never been changed. I felt like a nob.

(That's Sercombe Street Cars in Exeter btw, don't ever go there).