Sign in to follow this  
Jimjam

Fuel economy figure to rival an F-16 on full re-heat

Whilst driving (read: crawling) home from work today in appalling traffic, I managed to get a princely 6.3 mpg according to the (probably widly inacurate) MFA.

Has anyone else achieved such high eschelons of eco-unfriendliness?

And why is there always a shoe in the central reservation of a motorway? Is it generally accepted as the best way to dispose of a single piece of unwanted footwear?

Ouch 6.3mpg thats gotta hurt the wallet, worst ive seen out on my VR is 16mpg but pretty such that was an error in its part.

Shoes cant say ive seen one of those on my travels, motorways tend to be scattered with single stray things, tyre, bumper, the girlfriend or a solitary shoe in this case.

Have to say I've seen 3.4mpg on the MFA briefly.. But that was shortly after cold start, and having travelled only 200 yards...

I spent 3 hours sitting on the M1 one lovely friday night heading north. Somehow the VR managed to maintain 31mpg during all that though!

Ouch 6.3mpg thats gotta hurt the wallet, worst ive seen out on my VR is 16mpg but pretty such that was an error in its part.

16, pah! thats my average........ :lol: (j/k)

Serously tho, if im tanking it, then it is, altho i did manage to get 14mpg once on a proper run, none of that in traffic stuff. In traffic ive had the stupid figures of below 10, but there u go..... :lol:

10.5 mpg in the VR6 en route to the top of the Kirkstone Pass from Ambleside (Lake district) last summer :shock:

Coming down was fun though :wink:

Jamie

That pass is a beast. Used to come down that on a push bike. Obviously that was after getting a lift up in the car, bike on the roof!!! :mrgreen:

Timo.