Sign in to follow this  
Henny

Corrado G60 Vs MKIII Golf GTi....

Bad luck chap but tbh i dont really see how it can be her fault at all as you shouldnt have been overtaking across a junction in the first place :? .......

Bad luck chap but tbh i dont really see how it can be her fault at all as you shouldnt have been overtaking across a junction in the first place :? .......

if it was a side road/junction then she has also to make sure it is clear to move out from as she is coming on to a main road from a secondary road.....

Think you will also find it is forbidden to overtake across a jct in the Highway code.......

Personally i think your asking for trouble in doing so - then again we all make mistakes.................

Think you will also find it is forbidden to overtake across a jct in the Highway code.......

Personally i think your asking for trouble in doing so - then again we all make mistakes.................

very true about mistakes................but if it was illegal surely Henny would have been charged by the plod?

Either way - it's rather stupid to emerge from a junction without making sure that the road is clear :!:

Good luck with the claim Ian & hope you get your car sorted soon :wink:

Depends wheter or not it was traffic police or regular panda car plod.....

Tbh most Panda plods wouldnt want to get involved - if either party had suffered injury it might well have been a different matter.

Another point of interest is that my Father was in the Met Police for 15 years and was class 1 trained - he taught me to drive many years ago and warned me about overtaking across a junction.

Also lets be honest how many times have you looked right and inched out of a junction before looking left - either from complaicency or the fact that you cant see until youve inched out....................

Pete.

'Rado It's a long straight road (about 3 miles long!) and the sign for the junction was obscured by the lorry I was overtaking so I didn't know there was a junction there until she pulled up to the give way line and then pulled out... as soon as I saw the car at the junction I hit the brakes to get out of the way, but she just pulled out without looking...

Inching out would have been fine, but she just went, no inching involved or needed, it's a junction with nice visibility when you're sat there waiting to pull out from it, just not visible from the main road! :roll:

The plod car that came was the full on motorway Volvo T5 traffic cop car... he said that this road is nasty for crashes like this, as people can't see the junction when they start to overtake there and the locals just pull out of the junction without looking... :|

If I'd have known there was a junction there, I'd have waited the 60 seconds or so until we'd past it and then blatted past the car and lorry instead of going when I did... If the photos have come out OK, you'll see that the skid marks from my rear tyres actually start where the central dotted line was small dots BEFORE the longer warning dots start, and only 10 to 15 yards after the warning sign meaning that the only indication I ever had about the junction was the car appearing at it... :?

This is my second accident in 12 years of driving, in which time I've driven more miles as a car delivery driver (part time job a couple of summers while at Uni) than most people drive in 10 years! I'm always VERY careful about overtaking and won't risk it if I'm not 100% sure it's safe to go... this time I was just unlucky that the road layout wasn't as it appeared... :(

(my first accident was at 30mph and caused by diesel on a wet corner... The road has now been re-done to remove that corner as there were over 30 accidents on the same corner in the following 3 months, 2 of which resulted in fatalities... :| )

Damn thats bad news Henny(f'kin V dub drivers :oops:).. best of luck getting it all sorted mate - I suppose that in the end it'll be back with you and better than before - plus you'll be able to get your RS bumper sprayed to match the car now (if you hadn't got it done already) :wink:

Damn bad luck, but as you say the potential accident could have been horrendous... Glad everything is repairable :)

Phil K, RS bumper had already been sold and an original one put back on... but you are right that she'll be better than before as the respray was long overdue in my eyes... ;)

Bloody hell mate! Glad to hear everyone is ok and there isn't too much damage to J-DUB. I hope you get everything sorted out easily and quickly enough. I'm loving your diagrams above. Are they actual aerial photos of the crash site? Keep us posted on any developments

yup, actual photos with map overlayed where your cursor is... which then isn't picked up when you press printscreen! ;) Multimap RULES! 8)

That should shut the insurance people up when they get those instead of a sh!tty sketch! :lol: 8)

That is Incorrect,the only time you should not overtake when lane markings say so;

for Eg >chevron line markings that indicate 'do not cross or stagger'

thats a section 3 road traffic act or to you and me 'careless driving'

rule of thumb for cops is whoever crosses a line is at fault

so remember that at roundabouts when filtering in,

this woman crossed the lines and should have either stopped at a 'stop' sign or 'giveway' to traffic on a major road.

the later I would have thought would apply.

one of our gas tankers coped over avoiding someone like in your case,that party had nothing to answer as our tanker didnt hit it,even though he was avoiding to save lives.

The cops didnt even want to know as no other vehicle was involved

'in the accident' mental eh ?

Sorry to hear about your hassle Henny,

When ever I see a set of Xenon headlights coming towards me I usually think shit its a tourist in a punto !

At least nobody was hurt

absense makes the heart grow fonder :wink:

absense makes the heart grow fonder :wink:

I wish, but she's STILL sat in my garage... fecking insurance people haven't even been out to see her yet and I'm STILL stuck with a fecking Punto hire car... :?

I WANT MY 'RADO BACK!!! :mad:

(thanks for the kind words though... 8) )

At least the car is safe and secure unlike in the back of the local pickup/breakdown garage

I saw another J dub today,it was on a 55k polo though

yikes......

chubbers

At least the car is safe and secure unlike in the back of the local pickup/breakdown garage

I saw another J dub today,it was on a 55k polo though

yikes......

chubbers

That's exactly why I had her taken back to my house rather than to the storage yard they wanted to put her in... I've heard too many horror stories about the yard in question with people getting bits off the cars being stored for repair like they were in a general scrap yard.... I dread to think how quickly my Brembos, wheels, DVD, Stereo, Leather etc etc etc would have "gone missing"... :roll: Feck that, she's in my nice, warm, alarmed garage with a trickle charger making sure she's all topped up, the tracker armed and the alarm on... anyone tries anything, they get deafened AND I get a text message to let me know! ;) :lol:

There's a couple of J-DUBs around the Salford Quays area too... one's a very nice MKII Golf GTI whose driver always waves when I'm in mine... DUB is a Leeds area plate, so there's loads of 'em out there... ;) 8) J666DUB is out and about there too, 'cos I quite fancied getting that one for mine! :twisted:

Always my fear of overtaking is that some other junction obscured by the vehicle you are overtaking (and the other car cannot see you for the same reason) pulls out and something like this happens.

Really sorry to hear it but can't wait to see J DUB back.. again.. but wearing a new coat of paint :)

You sure know about it if you're on a bike, you soon learn wheres a safe place and not. Or die!

I bet the car infront hadnt left much room behind the lorry to tuck into

Best of luck.

nope, the ones I had were too dark to see much, and the car's in my garage with the damaged side next to the wall (so I could get out of the drivers side door!) I'm trying to get hold of a guy who stopped to see if anyone was hurt and then took a load of photos to get a copy of his photos as it was still light when he took them...

It doesn't look much, it's only knocked the bumper off (the plastic has come off the metalwork 'cos I'd not received the clips from VAG to hold it on properly yet, so it's not damaged it! :lol:), dented the front passenger wing and damaged the front wheel and suspension on the passenger side...

I played a game of Corrado against some blinde olde bint in a Rover last night, all brakes locked up just gliding towards her as she cut me up like a beauty..

Luckily my slide was a controlled slide and I could cope with horn at the same time, still checked the raddo after as I was certain we had hit, but nope another getaway from a mad driver.

Well, my preferred garage (the one I wanted to re-spray her later this year anyway!) took her away yesterday to do estimates and get the assessor to have a look at her...

I took a couple of pics while she was on the flatbed being taken away to show the damage.... :roll:

I think I actually got away rather lightly considering I had less than 150 yards to stop from 60mph when she pulled out in front of me... :|

Now I'm just waiting for the verdict and prices... :| :?

ouch :(

doesnt look too bad though i would be surprised if they wrote that off isnt there a brand new wing on ebay at the moment??