Sign in to follow this  
Henny

Corrado G60 Vs MKIII Golf GTi....

coolrado, yeah, wrong sodding side though... :roll: :(

That's just a scratch mate :wink:

yeah, compared with someone else on here who's recently bent an Aqua blue 'rado, mine's only a flesh wound! ;) :lol: :twisted:

if they write it off ( which they wont) , i'll have the leather :mrgreen: , well what i mean is i'll take it off your hands as its not popular, leather and cars and things .....doh! please

bet your glad you sold the reiger bumper now, a rub with some t cut and it'll be good as new :wink:

I'd take the Brembo's ;)

Na anyway.. good luck Henny.. hope they can reassemble J-DUB and get her ship shape ASAP!

I'd take the Brembo's ;)

Na anyway.. good luck Henny.. hope they can reassemble J-DUB and get her ship shape ASAP!

i'm sure it'll all be fixed up better than new henny 8)

PRIVATE - DONT READ BELOW - HENNY

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:p right jim lets get this list going

me - leathers

jim - brembo's

coolrado - engine

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:p:p:p

IF they try and write her off, one of three things will happen...

1) I won't claim on the insurance and will rebuild her myself meaning that she won't have a write off status against her and I get to keep my car

2) I'll buy her back and then buy another corrado with a dead engine but good body and swap all the parts over 8)

3) I'll buy her back and will swap all the parts into my MKI! :twisted: 8)

Seeing as she's insured with a £9K agreed value, I shouldn't think they'll write her off... only thing that's worrying me is that I'd not had the engineers report done for the agreed value yet as I was waiting for the re-spray before getting it done... :oops:

I'd not had the engineers report done for the agreed value yet as I was waiting for the re-spray before getting it done..

cool........i'll start taking my seats out then 8)

i know i know ...SHE'LL BE BACK :evil:

eeep... just phoned the body shop to see what the opinion is... :|

£1000 for the bodywork damage inc. all labour...

Then they need to add on the parts for the suspension... :|

The list so far includes: Wishbone, steering rack, ball joint, driveshaft, hub, bearings, strut (that's going to be interesting getting a single supersport coilover...), top mount, engine cradle (I guess he means sub-frames) and a few other bits.... :?

Wish I hadn't phoned 'em now... :( :cry:

Just waiting to hear back from the insurance company now as to what's going to happen... :|

I want my Corrado back... :evil: :cry:

New front end on yours....Dinkus got a new back end.....

The snow's coming so I'm sure there will be a middle bit to join you both shortly.

At least you know that some wheels are in motion to get you and your motor back on the street,

It doesnt look to bad you might find you may have to cough for the other front strut or get them to void both.

My old man got nailed for a clutch after his shed was stolen the insurance do have a cheek sometimes....

So what do you reckon Henny,back b4 crimbo ? :?: :?:

the body shop have said that if they do the full respray I want 'em to do, I'll get it back very early Jan... 8)

I've already told 'em not to quote for the damaged wheel (they're obsolete, and I've 2 spares anyway!) and I'm checking with Venom on Monday to see if I can get a spare strut, or if he'll do me a good deal on a new kit... quite fancy a change anyway! ;) :lol:

The only thing that's worrying me slightly is the fact that the agreed insurance value hasn't been finalised due to not getting an engineers survey done yet... :| I'm worried that they could get all arsey and just offer me book value for her... :| :(

Surely you still have all the reciepts for the things you've had done to the car though so they can't fleece you....

i know in the body shop that i work most insurance companies put a limit of £900 on average claims and it dont take much to go over that

seems really silly to me as ive seen some very nice cars wrote off for just wing damage like yours, when someone with a litttle knowledge could fix this for a few hundred quid

and ive had 2 this week completly refused by insurance companies due to undeclared modifications

hope it goes ok for you

funk

New front end on yours....Dinkus got a new back end.....

The snow's coming so I'm sure there will be a middle bit to join you both shortly.

What do you mean back end? I got a new back end and side ;)

I wouldn't panic too much mate, the initial quote for mine came to just over £2k and they approved it right off. It was then another £1k to do the axle after they "found" that it needed doing after they'd aready started work.

Came back better than new though, and I took the opportunity to shove them a bit extra and they did my rear bushes and brakes at the same time 8)

Just a shame they didn't tighten the axle bolts up, they were finger tight :roll:

So whats going on Henny - your post in the DDI dials thread didn't look too encouraging mate? :(

So whats going on Henny - your post in the DDI dials thread didn't look too encouraging mate? :(

Yeah I just caught that too....

Me too - even if the write it off tho Henny you'll fix it anyways surely???

Mine got run into a week or so ago (I didn't put it up on here) and altho it doesn't look much and its still drivable, the quote I have is nearly a grand plus parts (new bumper, badges and maybe exhaust) at MRP... and they've confirmed it will be fixed... :?

Hope it gets sorted mate and soon!!

I'm busy on the phone to Flux... they've written her off (class C)... they reckon £4183.94 to fix her.... :|

Trying to find out what they're gonna pay me for her, and how much it'll cost me to buy her back... :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

£4200 to fix it? Bodyshops are feckin thieving wretches....

I swear they bump up the repair costs of older cars deliberately as they just can't be arsed to fix it to a high standard.

Well I hope you can get it back for a reasonable cost mate..... or at least get the engine and start over in a new C?

Well, I've just told Flux exactly where they can shove their initial offer of £2083 for my car... Oh, and that's before the excess has been taken off of £250... :| :mad:

Time to send 'em all the receipts and some adverts for Corrados for sale... :| :roll:

To say I'm angry wouldn't even come close.... but at least they're processing it as a zero fault claim on my behalf... :roll: