Sign in to follow this  
Neil VR6

What is the significance of Wolfsburg?

Is that where VW's are/were made? What's the fascination with "Wolksburg Edition" badges etc. Do they add a few bhp to the car? ;)

Most VW's came out of the Wolfsburg factory....but not the Corrado. Hence the 'Karman' badges.

wolfsburg is the spiritual home of VW and of course where a lot of VW's are built apart from the Corrado of course..................however should "ye see one adorn a Corrado"......"then ye shall ridicule whoever put it on" :D :D ........

Yep Karmann is in Osnabruck, they build Chrysler Crossfires too, they also had several Audi A4 convertables and loads of Jaguar XK8 panels.. I had a 2 hour factory tour there in July - Brilliant.

Spent 1.5 days at Wolfsburg too, which is well worth doing.

BMW 3.0CS s were built there too... (oooh, three of my favourite cars, Scirocco Corrado and the Beemer!)

Didn't think the 6 series beemers were made there though, I'll double check

"Wolfsburg Edition" badges on a Corrado reduce your power by 20bhp :lol: & your street cred to 0 :shock:

:shock: So that's why my 16v has been running so crap!!!??? It came with wolfsburg badges all over the place, and no VW ones....

I'm off to remove them for the drive home! Anyone got a standard VW one for the tailgate?

on my old mk2 golf, i replaced the side repeaters with wolfsburg badges

it looks smart!!!!!!!!!!

but then i wouldnt go sticking karmann badges on it. why, thats crazy talk

Karmann factory and museum tour is well worth it, if you can get in. Had mine beginning of September to celebrate the Rocco's 30th anniversary :D

They had some interesting prototypes in the museum, a cabrio Rado and pickup Rado 8)

Tempest