Sign in to follow this  
CorradoWannabe

Something for free from a VW Dealer?

Today was the first time i've left a VW dealer happy :)

i bought my car with basically a lost / missing service history. The car has had 3 different number plates in its life (and 7 owners!)- so i gave a guy at VW all three and he was able to give me any servicing it had had done. It showed up as having had one service in 1999 and the millage then was recorded as 58k - it was 88k when i bought it this year and i was a bit suspicious of that as its an H-reg 1991.

This bit of info from the dealers was reassuring in some way - also it was confirmed that at one stage my car's nunber plate was "S96" - wonder how much that plate cost! That plate is now registered to a Toyota RAV-4 (some big 4x4).

The "S96" suggests the Corrado must have been someone's pride and joy at some stage - someone with money to spend - so fingers crossed this means its been well looked after 8) [clutching at straws a bit - i know!]

The only thing most people get for free from VW dealerships clears up nicely with some liberally applied creams...

Sorry, did you say free and VW dealer in the same sentence? :shock:

(Still smarting from my recent VW dealer experience :x )

S plate on H reg car!!

i was under the impression that you couldnt put a plate that was newer than the car it`s being put on??? :?:

my C is a 96 car and has had 3 owners including me and has had private reg since new - don't know if this means its been well looked after though :!: But looking through the receipts - the previous owner has been fleeced to the tune of £1000 in unecessary repairs/replacements - including repairing parts and charging for them as new, charging 3 hours labour to change a relay. All done by a friendly local official VAG dealer :roll: