PhatVR6

PhatVR6's 4wd 24v Corrado (new brakes)

office monkey! I'm a draughtsman.

:shock: i'm suprised, i thought it would be something a bit closer to hands on engineering , i just love the way you see how far you can go with something and then ignore the limit and keep going .... class :-)

just wait unti i've sold off some of these parts and actually have some money to start buying stuff again, then the real progress will start. At the moment I'm just messing about seeing what I can do.

I even had the mad idea of bolting the VR up to the box whilst it's still got the 4cyl bell housng on it. thus leaning the VR back in the engine bay, like a 4 cyl, instead of leanign forwards. The ides being to get the weight off the nose of the car by having the engine closer to the bulkhead, touring car style. I'd have had to cut off the oil pump drive off the back fo the block and dry sumped it to get the height down, but after looking into it i just can't get the transfer box in place. the OSF drive shaft goes through the back of the block and timing chain cover so it can't be done without altering the timgin chains, which I don't want to get into. Still might look into the dry sump though.

Blimey, bout time! :D

Nice to see you've got a set of wheels which pretty much every VW aint got.

wheels might not be getting changed after all, my mate's decided he prefers the sport designs

stripped the Quaife dog box today for an inspection, clean out and to swap the bell housings over.

220174989.jpg

220175014.jpg

check out the size of the teeth on that!! it's gonna be loud :-)

nice and clean too, which is a good sign. Diff carrier bearings are all I can see that have noticeable wear on them. time to fit the peloquin diff and VR6 syncro bell housing and get the sodding thing bolted ot the engine and in the car. The engine is actually back in temporarily. BEst place to put it as it takes up so much sodding room sat in the middle of the garage floor.

no progress of late. been talking to a few companies at autosport so I'm getting the shell stripped ready for a proper roll cage hopefully next month, although I need suspension first to be able to get the shell rolling.

got all that sound deadening crap out and int he bin, it weighs a ton!, next job after emptying all the other rubbish out of it will be removing all that tar like sound deadening, nasty job.

Gee! Phat, I believe your OZ Racing F1 are the wheel I really wanted so far but this are out of production so I couldn't ordered them... You know what I had choosed...

For the rest of your mechanical activity, I'm speachless :salute: :notworthy: ... I'm a kind of an "office monkey" too (as a matter of fact I'm working as a Business Development Manager in sales area), but for my former Scirocco and my actual Corrado modifications I have gained the respect of the amateur tuners in my area, but I'm so far from your perfomances...

I'm watching nearly your thread... Maybe I'll catch some tricks :wink:

Yeah, been after a set of these ever since I saw them on Schimmels car.

Started gutting the interior and engine bay of wiring.

227064351.jpg

227064399.jpg

Chucked the front end back on as I'd forgotten what it looks like.

227064420.jpg

of course. no point in having a fast car if you can't drive it fast. and you can't drive that fast on the road, so tracks is where it's at.

why have you got an 10" long shifter :lol:
That a bit personal in it? and I'm sure his misses don't mind :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I ripped out the aftermarket sunroof today. If I could get my hands on the twat who fitted it I'l hit him with it. What a mess. Holes drilled for the drain tubes, left unpainted. tiny bit of rust on the door shut, I always wondered why. it's because the idiot has drilled a hole from the inside and scrathed the paint off, then not treated it. dunno how I'm going to get at that to clean it up.

hole

229458775.jpg

229458709.jpg

nice bent roof panel

229458676.jpg

looking down through the hole

229458668.jpg

I reckon I've saved 20Kgs there!! I was thinking abotu a carbon roof, but for the cost involved I don't think it'd be worht it from a weight saving point of view. The corrado roof is quite a small panel anyway so it can't be that heavy.

I might cut the roof off tomorrow!

that sounds like a task for a mad man is there much involved or is that a silly question?

what are you doing next then? New roof panel, without sunroof?

I was half considering a carbon roof, but I think I'm going to have to rule that out due to the obvious cost reasons.

I have another roof skin of anoter non sunroof corrado that I need to pick away at until I'm left with just the panel itself.....although I am tempted to take a mould of it before i do that....

what are you doing next then? New roof panel, without sunroof?

I was half considering a carbon roof, but I think I'm going to have to rule that out due to the obvious cost reasons.

I have another roof skin of anoter non sunroof corrado that I need to pick away at until I'm left with just the panel itself.....although I am tempted to take a mould of it before i do that....

take your time and do the carbon roof.

Too much other stuff I need to buy before I can go wasting money on stuff like that really. I'd have left the sunroof in, but it's got to come out for the cage to go in, and I can't do much else with the roof in that state other than cut it out :-(

Spent today completely gutting the car. 4wd of off, fuel tank is off (scrap). entire wiring harness is out, inlcuding every single clip. dash and heater box aslo out.

I stripped down the passenger door too, I can't belive the weight saving fom taking all the gubbins out! I reckon I've shaved 50KG's this weekend easy.