Sign in to follow this  
CoxyLaad

Calling all Photoshoppers!

I need some help!

I have just aquired an R32 exhaust (thanks mr Phat) for my project, and as everyone know the r32 has 2 tail pipes one either side of the car.

so....these are the options open to me for bumper modification:

1. fill the factory exhaust recess and cut 2 round holes for the exhaust to poke out of.

2. fill the factory exhaust recess and cut 2 mouse hole in the skirting board type holes for the the exhaust to fit.

3. fit another factory recess on the other side and make them fit like a double standard style exhaust.

I am fancying number 3 because I like the factory look, so is there any photoshoppers out there that cold help me find out what its going to look like be chopping in a factory recess with R32 pipe on the other side of a car?

I have attached a picture for you to play with, but feel free to use your own pictures, or even your own imagination.

If I cant get anything to look righ I will hide the exhaust altogether and smooth it over at the back.

Thanks dudes

Ian

How about smoothing the entire bumper lower lip and fitting 2 round R32 recesses?

If not that then option 3 gets my vote too as it will look stock.

A rear on view would be better for chopping tho :wink:

Will there be any clearance issues with the fuel tank?

I have looked at an R32 rear end and I think that style on teh corrado will chavalise my car somewhat...

I think option 3 too, but thats the only back end host I have of my car :roll:

Fuel tanks wont be an issue as I am going a bit different on this front. The syncro fuel tank is tiny at 45 litres, I am getting some custom tanks made up that will be slung either side of the prop/exhaust under the passenger seats.

3 sounds good to me!

I'd chop it but i'm at work. If no one else can do it before evening time, then i'll have a go when I get home :)

Just as a quick note, I was informed about some excellent freeware software yesterday called GIMP.

I took this programme home from work yesterday and it really is magic.. Graphic Image Manipulation Programme

I've got a photo of John's twin exit exhaust at home somewhere... I'll dig it out later, but it looks great! 8)

Just as a quick note, I was informed about some excellent freeware software yesterday called GIMP.

I took this programme home from work yesterday and it really is magic.. Graphic Image Manipulation Programme

Aye its the Open Source version of Photoshop - great for little jobs like photo manipulation. I'd use it (well, I do when I am in Linux) as I don't really use the heavy features of Photoshop, but i'm just too stuck in my ways ;)

right then - get a look at this (see attached)

I am going for option three, those of you with option 3 already done, did you do the bumper mods yourself?

Its gunna look well meaty :twisted: