Sign in to follow this  
CazzaVR

No light from heater panel and lighter

Not getting any light from these. Have changed the bulbs but no joy. Don't think it's a fuse as the other interior lights are working fine.

Any ideas before I go ripping the whole lot out to have a proper look?

Cheers!

Mine ain't been working since I bought my Corrado.Exactly where is the bulb situated?

Do I need to remove the controller unit or just the cover?

The bulb for the heater light is behind the centre dial on the later type controls. Not sure about early type.

The lighter bulb clips into the back of the lighter socket on both early and late cars

Just pull hard on the centre knob (ooer :oops:)

It'll come off in your hand! :D Revealing a green diffuser which pulls out. The bulb's in the diffuser.

To get at the cigarette lighter bulb..

Remove ashtray

Undo screw at rear of ashtray carrier and remove

Unclip lighter unit and pull out

Bulb is attached to the side of it

Anyone got any idea what might be the prob with mine? Wiring? Or maybe someone unplugged something when messing around with the stereo or something :?

"Just pull hard on the centre knob (ooer )

It'll come off in your hand! Revealing a green diffuser which pulls out. The bulb's in the diffuser. "

Cheers mate!

Another job crossed off the list.

No doubt 2 more will appear in the next few days!

The joys of owning a Corrado.

Mine ain't been working since I bought my Corrado.Exactly where is the bulb situated?

same here. and the heater only works on top setting.

AndyVR6 Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:44 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone got any idea what might be the prob with mine? Wiring? Or maybe someone unplugged something when messing around with the stereo or something

It sounds as if it has to be the wiring mate, maybe when the stereo was played around with they may have pulled a few of the wires out from the plugs or not earthed them properly. Whip the centre console- only take 15 mins or so to get it out and have a butchers....

As regards the blower only working on full, most likely the resistor has gone - this happened to my 16v years ago. If it's the same there is a small box attached to the blower unit under the passenger side dash. In this you need to replace the resistor (solder in a new one). Can't remember where I got them from but someone here might know...

Didn't want to create a new thread as I'm sure there's a million and 1 about this already...

Like it mentions about, where is the bulb on the early heater controls? Mine has been out of action since day one (my day one).

Thanks in advance

randal

same here. and the heater only works on top setting.

Thermal fuse has gone.

Use the search ;)

40p to fix.

Didn't want to create a new thread as I'm sure there's a million and 1 about this already...

Like it mentions about, where is the bulb on the early heater controls? Mine has been out of action since day one (my day one).

Thanks in advance

randal

EARLY CAR:

Pull the slider knobs out (easiest when in central position)

pull the fan speed switch knob out

lever the whole surround from behind (access from the ashtray) and it'll pop out complete with the fan switch.

The fan switch then slides up (IIRC) and out of the face.

There's then another connector which is for the illumination

The bulb is inside the surround.

Bad news: The bulb is not available from VW on its own, you need to buy the complete face plate at a silly cost... :(

Good news: You can go to Maplins and buy a bulb to suit pretty simply and modify the surround to fit the new bulb... ;)

Nice one Henny. I'm not surprised in the slightest that VW do things that way, *cough* jerks! *cough*

I'll take a look at lunchtime, see what bulb I need. Well, if it stops raining anytime soon.. :roll:

Thanks again mate, much obliged.

randal

you will have to split the face plate into its 4 parts to get at the bulb... if you look at the back of the face, there's a white bit with some round melted marks holding it onto the black outer face. Cut these plastic welds with a sharp knife and it'll all come apart allowing access to the bulb. To put it all together, you'll need some superglue or a soldering iron to re-weld it... 8)