Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

really really want an audi s3

kev I gotta disagree - 250bhp feels a LOT faster than a C. my last 2 cars were a rover 2.0 turbo (tuned) and a fiat coupe turbo (lightly tuned) and they would both DESTROY a corrado. no ifs or buts just brutal power. Id estimate both were around 220-250bhp.

there is just so much scope to tinker with a turbo car which is why I want to get one again.

Check with Vince on Revo pricing as they come to Stealth and map your car on the fly (on the move). You can always get it rollered at AmD (down the road) if you want the numbers.....

I don't like AmD. Arrogant, over priced and they give customers some questionable advice sometimes..... but obviously form an opinion of them for yourself first before listening to me :wink:

not having to capital to just buy it out right... would have to sell the corrado first.

£5k for corrado. £900 for schrick

need to find about 6k at least to buy it!

That's no excuse.... get a £10K 0% credit card and buy it on that :lol:

Worry about selling the C and other parts afterwards..... you'll have at least 9 months to a year to get that £10K off the CCard before interest kicks in.....

what do you think the best colour would be bearing in mind resale value?

i really like the yellow but silver or blue might be a wiser choice

I fancy silver or black myself.

dark blue

media?id=128074684

1999 AUDI S3 1.8 TURBO,

V reg. 36000 miles, Metallic blue, 12 mths MoT & Tax, FSH, excellent condition, just serviced, black leather interior, bose stereo, good looking car, lady driver,. £12,000 . ovno.

drool :D

Silver - too common, lacks imagination

Hmm that apply to Silver Cs? At least not that common...

LOL....I thought of you and OSV when I posted that.... too late now :lol:

Of course it doesn't apply to Silver Cs, they're rare as rocking horse poop. The lack of imagination remark stems from EVERY TT and S3 I see being silver!

Yep, that Blue gets my Vote Nathan mate.... Jazz blue is quite cool too...

Jedi

I don't think you'll find a 225 model for under £14K unless it's got starship (we built this city.... :lol: ) mileage. Go for a low mileage immaculate 210 one and have it chipped by a reputable company. There's plenty of them out there.

Buyers guide here http://www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads/sho ... e/0#223858

Try this place for a good selection. They're also Revo chip suppliers http://www.fontain.co.uk/stocklist.asp

Also have a look on here, it's not the most popular forum but I found a lot of good info when my wife looked at getting one http://www.rs246.com/index.php?name=PNp ... wforum&f=3 and I think someone already mentioned this one http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/po ... Board=a3s3

(we built this city.... :lol: )

on rock and roll..... LOL :lol:

Maybe Essthree will join in later and give us some advice as he's very clued up on S3s.....

there is a fair difference between 180 and 225bhp tho

The difference is not as huge on the road as you would think, Ive been in a Leon Cupra R 225 - lovely car, puts mine to shame 8)

Handling is a subjective thing as it's not just about how flat it corners, but also how well it grips and how much confidence it instils in you

Exactly, I have more confidence in the Leon, which by the way leans alot more due to it being totally standard, although I'm wary of the traction control, it cut in mid bend, killing all power making the rear end very unstable. When driving quickly on bendy roads I switch it off now, its too unpredictable in it's operation.

Sounds like your mind is made up Jedi-Knight, if you can afford it go for it, apart from my comments of it being less involving, I have to say they are very nice cars and I'd love one, but you probably will miss the Corrado.

That blue is called ming blue I think! Personally if I had the money I would by an Audi RS2 315bhp standard in a 4wd drive estate built by Porsche. Imagine the looks on people's faces as you blast past them :twisted: But a good rhd model would be about £17-19k i reckon. Admittedly it wouldn't be moving to a newer car though.

Surely if you have a really good suspension set up on a Corrado it will handle aswell as the Leon R/S3? Out of the two I think I would go for the Leon R, although I think the S3 definitley looks better. £14k can get you a hell of a lot of a car if on the second hand market these days, what about a mint E36 M3 EVO? :wink:

nope, my mind is set. i am looking at 3 tomorrow :lol:

i move fast... when i decided to buy my corrado i did it all in about 3 days so look out.. maybe monday i'll have an S3??? :mrgreen:

That's my philosophy too..... move quickly before you change your mind. And then afterwards you can pat yourself on the back or regret it :lol:

Pop round when/if you get the S3 as I wouldn't mind a spin 8)

That blue is called ming blue I think! Personally if I had the money I would by an Audi RS2 315bhp standard in a 4wd drive estate built by Porsche. Imagine the looks on people's faces as you blast past them :twisted: But a good rhd model would be about £17-19k i reckon. Admittedly it wouldn't be moving to a newer car though.

naa- friend of mine has just traded up from his S2 to an RS2......and paid £11K......beautiful!

However, you can pick up S2s from as little as £3k and with just a couple of hundred bring them up from 220/230 to 280bhp. 4WD. Turbo. Audi.

S3s are gorgeous - but imho arn't worth it yet (well to me at least - but then I'm pikey!)

I bumped into an old school mate I hadn't seen for 10 years the other day and he had a silver S3, however he said he didn't like it that much cos he used to have a tuned up Corrado G60 before it which he missed.

When he saw my VR6 he asked if it was for sale saying he wanted a C again.

I think S3s are cool, but are they as cool as a C?

Cheers

Ady