Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

really really want an audi s3

S3's are cool 8) Previous shape A3 was probably the most reliable of the model range. Just make sure the Haldex oil was changed on the 20k service and the Haldex Oil and filter changed at the 40K service and you should be able to avoid any major expenses. Many VW dealers never bothered to change the filters on the Golf/Bora 4motions as part of the service regime, lets just say many of them learnt the hard way :lol:

While its true its not the best handling car in the world. They grip the road like they're on rails and the steering doesn't suffer as much from the numb feel as the TT does. While I personally I feel it handles better than a TT, the handlings a subjective thing depending on who you speak to (markttc, if your reading. Don't get all high and mighty and post this on the TT forum :roll: )

I do know of a 225bhp model which was offered to me a couple of days ago for £15000, dark mettalic Grey in colour on a 51 plate (full leather Recaros too 8) ). I would've loved to say yes but the fuel consumption would've killed me! :(

PM me if you want the details of whos selling the car.

That blue is called ming blue I think! Personally if I had the money I would by an Audi RS2 315bhp standard in a 4wd drive estate built by Porsche. Imagine the looks on people's faces as you blast past them :twisted: But a good rhd model would be about £17-19k i reckon. Admittedly it wouldn't be moving to a newer car though.

naa- friend of mine has just traded up from his S2 to an RS2......and paid £11K......beautiful!

However, you can pick up S2s from as little as £3k and with just a couple of hundred bring them up from 220/230 to 280bhp. 4WD. Turbo. Audi.

S3s are gorgeous - but imho arn't worth it yet (well to me at least - but then I'm pikey!)

Is it rhd? It's not the silver one that was on ebay a short while ago?

it says 5 valve... is that 5 valves per cyclinder? so its the infamous 20v people talk about?

nope the in-famous 20v of quattro lore was a 5pot 4 valve per cylinder :wink:

Interesting thread, personally I much prefer the looks of a Leon Curpa R, but the S3 has the X factor 8)

If you do sell your 'rado I'll give you a packet of crisps for your Shrick :lol:

Ever thought about supercharging / turbo'ing your VR6 ?

whats the point. it will still rattle and handle the same.

If you do sell your 'rado I'll give you a packet of crisps for your Shrick

pack of crisps with £900 hidden inside?? :wink:

Phil, well the ones i had lined up to look at were all at dealers (as i wouldnt be insured to drive one if it was a private sale) but they had all been sold!!! seems they are a very desirable car and as soon as they come into dealers they are instantly sold... but i had a sit in and a play about and so far all is still good...just need to drive one now. there gonna call me back today or tomorrow as he knows one is coming in.

Nah, that shade of green is rank.

That's a face lift model isn't it? I think the original one looks a lot better.... that's too bland and tame.

yeah the only difference is the headlights being one unit instead of the early ones having separate indicators..and the tail lights . new ones have clear section..old ones are all red

another example

before

Lg31543-01.jpg

after

Lg28718-01.jpg

i quite like the later lights to be honest

aparently the dash was very slightly different aswell... digital clock instead of analogue for instance... nothing major though

God.. insurance is good on them! My Corrado = £1400... faster more powerful S3 = £800!! What the hell!?

I prefer the old one, even though they're almost identical! I can't stand chrome mirrors either!

The S3 insurance is cheaper because it's not a coupe and body parts are readily available and cheaper than the C's.

Direct Line...

They are always REALLY cheap for me on unmodified cars. Though I do have 4 years no claims, no points, no accidents, etc...

I prefer the old one, even though they're almost identical! I can't stand chrome mirrors either!

The S3 insurance is cheaper because it's not a coupe and body parts are readily available and cheaper than the C's.

Think i'm with you there. Like the earlier ones too...

And yeah, I know the reasons why the Corrado is awful to insure. Doesn't stop me from having the occasional knee-jerk reaction though :)

23 mate. 24 in January... aaaand I live in a crap area too, so insurance is always high for me.