Sign in to follow this  
kerrinmay

Cloth Colours and Patterns

AFAIK all the cloth patterns were available across the range...........tho obviously the bulk of the fabric colours were dependant on the exterior colour picked..........you'll find for example that 99% if not all of the early tornado red examples(without the recaro option) will have whats known as the "blue/petrol" interior......which is the black with blue/green "check"......these will also all have black plastic trim too.............whereas IIRC the bulk of Grey cars(again without the recaro option) will have the "platinum" interior which is the grey cloth with lighter grey check and grey plastics............thats for early cars btw

the recaro option on the early cars used a grey/red fabric

there was also a harder wearing cloth available on the first VR6's and i would imagine this was also available on the 16v too...........this i've seen on v early VR6's with the early dash and also on later (upto 93/94 L-reg ones) too

for the later cars(93/94L> IIRC) with the revised dashboard they changed the interior cloth's design..........the black trim was known as "Splitt" and the grey trim was known as "Atout"..........and the recaro trim was known as "Geometric"

I've got Geometric black cloth on my Recaros, which is apparently somewhat akin to rocking horse poop.

Shame some tosser has put a fag burn in the rear bench :mad:

I'm reminded that the Civic Type R comes in exactly three colours, and has zero options when in the middle of discussions about the number of colours/interior colours that were available for the Corrado...

If I post some pics of my interior, would someone be able to identify what my trim is called?

well that trim looks like its the trim thats available between the early cars "petrol/platinum" and the later cars "splitt/atout"................IIRC i have a 93 M/Y brochure somewhere pretty sure thats got the trim mentioned that you have in your C........once i find it i'll let you know :wink:

Great thanks vr6storm. I'm particuarly interested to know what it's called and also if they did the rearseat with armrest in this cloth as at least that way, I will know whether I'm likely to be able to replace my rear bench seat in the same cloth or wether I'd need a re-trim - in which case I'd get the whole lot re-trimmed in leather!

kerrinmay, ... would have prefered a plain grey in mine TBH

I know what you mean - everytime I look at it, it looks like lots of little flowers!

:lol: Just to get this straight.. yours is the same as mine 2.0 16V and we have the same interior cloth. Mines a later '94 and has the late spec dash and door cards and flat rear bench.. looks like you have the early door cards, dash too? and still have a flat bench - bit of an early to late cross over then I guess :? if you find 2 rear benches with arm rest in the same cloth then let me know :wink:

Yep, mine is an early '92 and so it does have the early doorcards, dash etc. Is it possible to fit later door cards to an earlier 2.0 like mine? How do they differ to the ones I have?

All info above is correct i.e. early cars 1.8 16v and G60 had blue/petrol (dark interior) or platinum (grey) interior or grey/blue-green Recaro cloth option or black or grey leather (standard seats only).

In 92 when 1.8 became 2.0 16V and the door cards / heater controls changed, the trim also changed to that pictured above. This is Domino material and was either Black or Platinum (as above) but only on 16V. The G60 had 'Diamond Shadow' in Black or Platinum. Also available was the same Recaro option in Grey/Blue-green cloth. Leather was Platinum (grey) or Black (standard seats only). This was Jan 92 brochure before the VR6 was available in the UK but when they 16V and G60 both had the bulbous VR6 bonnet and 3 slat grille.

In Sept 92 brochure the VR6 was introduced and the trim remained the same for 16V (G60 now deleted) but VR6 had 'Diagonal Stripe' Velour in black only or leather as above but also available in beige (VR6 only). The Recaro trim continued. Finally the 'Splitt' (black) cloth and 'Atout' grey cloth was introduced (95 brochure but may have come earlier) across 8V, 16V and VR6. Leather was Black or Grey or Beige on ALL models and also on the electric Recaro seats and a more expensive 'Connolly' Leather in beige was also available on standard seats only. The cloth on Recaros was 'Geometric' cloth. The Storms had standard seats with Black leather in the blue cars and beige leather in the green cars. The point about the rear seat is the 16V had a flat bench seat so the material above would never have been on any armrest as far as I know. Even if there was an arm rest i would have plain material on it as per the seat edges. Hope this helps!!!

late front door cards have different grab handels and door handels (drivers with mirror controls built in), also have the window buttons on the speaker pods rather than in side of door. So I guess the split rear bench with arm rest didn't ever come in the grey blue/green cloth then :(

In 92 when 1.8 became 2.0 16V and the door cards / heater controls changed, the trim also changed to that pictured above. This is Domino material and was either Black or Platinum (as above) but only on 16V. The G60 had 'Diamond Shadow' in Black or Platinum. Also available was the same Recaro option in Grey/Blue-green cloth. Leather was Platinum (grey) or Black (standard seats only). This was Jan 92 brochure before the VR6 was available in the UK but when they 16V and G60 both had the bulbous VR6 bonnet and 3 slat grille.

oxfordpaul, don't suppose you'd be able to scan in the part of the Jan 92 brochure that has the colour options in would you? Would be nice to have it in print. Not to worry if you can't, or don't actually have that brochure, just thought I'd ask.

kerrimay........ive got the 93 brochure at my work :wink: if you want and if you send me postal details i'll get a colour copy of the trim and colour options page and send it down to you :wink:

Thanks for the offer VR6storm. I'll wait to see how oxfordpaul gets on as he has the right year brochure to match my car, otherwise I'll give you a shout.

What's the odds of a duffer like me being able to transfer a leather interior from one car to another? And more importantly to NOT have it rattle like a nutter afterwards...?

What's the odds of a duffer like me being able to transfer a leather interior from one car to another? And more importantly to NOT have it rattle like a nutter afterwards...?

20 to 1 ? :)

Cheeky!

Probably right though.. :(

What do people use for silencing squeaks and rattles then? I'm capable of removing trim, putting sticky stuff behind it and refitting it. Kev keeps mentioning this aerospace-grade dynamatting, which costs aerospace prices, looking for something cheap 'n' cheerful myself. What about felt? Perhaps sticky backed felt? Does such thing exist??

Guys, scanned the image of brochure and saved it to pc but can't seem to attach it - please help!

There is a limit on the size of the file...

Guys, scanned the image of brochure and saved it to pc but can't seem to attach it - please help!

have you saved it as a J-PEG?.........if so make sure its not bigger than 1000 pixels x 800 pixels(Length x Height)........it should then be able to be attached :wink: