Sign in to follow this  
CorradoWannabe

Woke up to find this...

I got the car back from the mechanics today (Excel Autos in Dagenham - recommended from this forum) and they did the job without any fuss - im almost tempted not to get another stereo if it means that the car is less likely to be broken in to - which is quite sad - its the 2nd stereo i have had stolen from the same spot - the first time was from my golf when i had left a back door unlocked - which was fair enough - but to smash a window to grab a stereo, not something id expect - quite surprised that ppl would go to this length just for a stereo!

What about blanking the current stereo position and maybe moving it to the cubby to the bottom-left of the steering wheel? Out of sight and always thought that was about DIN-sized....

Tinted windows help too.. :idea:

Well on the bright side, at least they broke the window rather than bending your door to get in, as the little gits did when they broke into my last car.

And they seem to have left your HU loom in one piece too, which is a lot nicer than just slashing it as has happened to me dad :cry:

at least it doesnt look like too much dashboaard damage, the scrotes that did mine must have had a hammer and chisel to get it all out of my golf, had to replace all the heater vents and heater control panel after the mess they made.

you can get face plate adaptors that allow you to put the face where you want like the sun visor for example.

or you could put a dummy head unit in filled with thermite and a timer activated when its removed 8) it would be pretty hard to steal another headunit with no fingers :lol:

:lol: nice idea coolrado :lol:

My head unit is in nice and loose. It doesn't move around when I'm driving, but it's loose enought to just pull out. I figure if some scrote has got as far as breaking in to my car, I'd rather they just took the head unit rather than making a mess of my dash at the same time.

I also never, ever leave the front of the radio in the car.

Yep I feel for you mate, had my stereo nicked about a month ago too from my Corrado, :( its just a downer to everything, I was jsut glad they never got the car though!!

Its just a shame that you cant do feck all about it, I blame the parents and the government for making it harder for parents to give a good old slap when kids get out of hand!! A good old slap was a deterent for me when I was a kid and I always thought twice before I even got into any mischief. Just the thought of my old man getting angry if he found out gave me the sh*ts. :shock:

Its just a shame that you cant do feck all about it, I blame the parents and the government for making it harder for parents to give a good old slap when kids get out of hand!! A good old slap was a deterent for me when I was a kid and I always thought twice before I even got into any mischief. Just the thought of my old man getting angry if he found out gave me the sh*ts. :shock:

the problem is the parents of kids who do this sort of thing dont care either, even if they could give them a slap they would probably be too lazy to get off their 40 a day beer swilling benefit scrounging arses to do it.

kids just know they can get away with it, even if they do get caught they know the most they will get is slapped wrists

hey ho what can we do

my parents were really strict, and i had to be home early until i was 16 etc.

and i was always up to my neck in trouble. (most of which they had no idea about)

me and my mates roamed about (on a pretty nice estate) in a gang causing trouble. we all came from 2 parent families (a rarity) and most lived in nice 4 bedroom houses.

i think when you are kids, you dont appreciate that the stuff you are nicking, or vandalising actually hurts and costs the owner - as you dont own stuff like that yourself.

like if some scote kicked my back fence down now, i'd be livid. but when i was 14, a "garden run" that resulted in the odd broken fence / greenhouse was just fun! doesnt make it right though.

I agreed with jimsG60, put the ba****s in stocks and humiliate them , then I'd go a step further and chop off their nuts to stop them infecting the gene pool with any more lowlife scum. And I AM SERIOUS. I've lost about six HU over the last ten years to twats like this and no, it does not matter what security I've had. Once had a face off Pioneer HU, took it off, put it in it's box and locked it in the glove box, s**s could not get to the HU so trashed the inside of my car, (was a Rover 827 Sterling at the time) slashed the leather with a screw driver. and still nicked the back end of the HU from the dash. God they REALLY p**s me of. I would end up doing time if I ever caught one in the act.

feel for you mate! So lucky to have spares!

last time i had a brake in it was on my golf- the C*nts cut the wind screen out then took it away!