Sign in to follow this  
rs200f40

20VT engine conversion.

Hi,

How much roughly would a 20VT engine converion cost to have done? Not really up to doing it myself so does anyone know anywhere north of the border that can supply and fit a 20VT engine into my Corrado?

Looks like my G60 may be on it's last legs, bottom end's been rattling for a while. Had a slight missfire above 4k last week which has got gradually worse this week which continued to no acceleration when pedal pushed to the floor. Now it can barely do 60 and the rocker cover/oil smells like it has exhaust fumes in it so looks like the head gasket has gone and I don't see much point fixing it with a rattling bottom end :(

TIA

Alan.

Will check when it's light but I don't think it's going to be that, had that before and it didn't feel the same as this time.

Thanks

Alan.

A full on top to bottom G60 engine rebuild would probably be cheaper than the cost of a 20VT engine and refit as well! And whilst the 20VT is a nice engine, i'm sure a freshly rebuild PG engine would be equally nice :)

A full on top to bottom G60 engine rebuild would probably be cheaper than the cost of a 20VT engine and refit as well! And whilst the 20VT is a nice engine, i'm sure a freshly rebuild PG engine would be equally nice

Agreed

my car had a full engine rebuild and brand spanking new charger fitted by VAG when the old charger blew up. got the invoice at home-£2588 all in, and £1500 of that was for the charger. this was about 4 years ago mind but still cheaper

So rebuild your current charger elsewhere for about £400'ish quid and recon engine for around £1000... £1500 is probably the price for a good 2nd hand 20VT engine!

When I was playing with my engine earlier in the year, TSR tried to convince me to do a 20vt conversion, they reckoned around £4000 to supply and fit IIRC. I'd rather keep the G60, and it's originality personally, unless you are planning some major upgrades i.e. 250BHP plus, then a 20vt could be the way to go.

you are looking at about £4-5k I should think to get the cnversion done for you all in inc engine!

Or do it yourself, buy an 20vt engine get a big turbo, manifold, stand alone management, large intercooler + 4wd and have change left over from £5k !! 8)

Benjamin..... you know as well as everyone else in the universe you don't have change left over from the 5K......

Hows it all going then?! when am I getting a go? or a passenger ride would be excellent also!

you are looking at about £4-5k I should think to get the cnversion done for you all in inc engine!

Or do it yourself, buy an 20vt engine get a big turbo, manifold, stand alone management, large intercooler + 4wd and have change left over from £5k !! 8)

Or buy mine and have change from 6k 8)

Benjamin..... you know as well as everyone else in the universe you don't have change left over from the 5K......

Hows it all going then?! when am I getting a go? or a passenger ride would be excellent also!

Butthead shut it... :D It's perfectly possible young man.

Have a chat with John from Stealth Racing - he's selling his 20vT Corrado. It's on DTA, runs about 280bhp/290lbft, and has done a 13.5 qtr and 5.1s to 60 dash. Oh, and Greg Howell from Southam bodies has fully resprayed it too!

Hi,

How much roughly would a 20VT engine converion cost to have done? Not really up to doing it myself so does anyone know anywhere north of the border that can supply and fit a 20VT engine into my Corrado?

Looks like my G60 may be on it's last legs, bottom end's been rattling for a while. Had a slight missfire above 4k last week which has got gradually worse this week which continued to no acceleration when pedal pushed to the floor. Now it can barely do 60 and the rocker cover/oil smells like it has exhaust fumes in it so looks like the head gasket has gone and I don't see much point fixing it with a rattling bottom end :(

TIA

Alan.

speak to jim curley at Star-Performance........he'll be able to give you a price for doing a 20VT conversion and also should point you in the right direction as regards your running problem