Sign in to follow this  
trebor

change Speakers or head or both

Hi... Sounds are important but usually leave them to last.. Anyway the quality is crap. Im new to the corrado so can someone comment on the corrado's loud speakers.. Im getting on abit so im not up with the lastest stuff... The head unit is pioneer

Is it wise to replace speakers. head or both

cheers

i would try changing the speakers first and then see how you get on pretty much anything will be an improvement over the original ones

what sort of money are you willing to spend?

p.s. who put that clifford led there :roll:

Not slagging off your head unit but if I was you I would replace both head unit and speakers. Try somewhere like hendon car stereo or car audio security who both do mail order and are a lot lot cheaper than halfords. :)

p.s. who put that clifford led there :roll:

Dont know Is it wrong ...????

not wrong it just looks out of place there imo :wink:

i would have put it in a switch blank myself so as not to damage the dash or is there a blank there anyway as i have the early type controls so i dont know

Well if you want to change the speakers, I have a set of MB Quart 5.25 Components that will go straight into the door pods and the tweeters can be mounted into the where the current ones are quite easily.

They sound fantastic and were only in the car for 3 months. Changed as I have put a complete new system in with audioscape doorpods and focal 6.5" speakers instead.

I'm after £60 plus delivery. A bargain

i would have put it in a switch blank myself so as not to damage the dash or is there a blank there anyway as i have the early type controls so i dont know

Anyone know what the left button/switch is

its probably some sort of other security measure from a previous owner............as its only a switch blank there on ALL UK Corrado's...............some with the dealer-fitted A/C also have the ABS light moved to there

As vr6storm has said, looks like a seperate immobiliser, the sort that attaches to your keyring.

The little toggle switch is to do with your Clifford alarm.

The little toggle switch is to do with your Clifford alarm.

Are you sure - The back of the switch has the audi and vw sign on it......(There are wires going from it /////

This switch doesnt seem to do anything.... :roll:

if your going to look for a head unit

Pixmania do pioneer headunits far cheaper than any UK source.

I ordered 1am

and arrived at door via DHL 35 hours later

marvelous and still using standard speakers so far as its only had original Blaupunkt and No butchered wires either.

twas the cheapest pioneer Mp3 player as I couldnt justify £200 for a stereo when I got a house and family to feed.

t.t.f.n

chubbz

marvelous and still using standard speakers so far as its only had original Blaupunkt and No butchered wires either.

Well In my golf I just changed the head unit (CD) and the improvement was awsome.. However the head unit was pretty shit radio and tape.... So what about up grading to mini disc. Is there a gain over CD...

The head unit Ive got looks new-ish lots of features on it that I dont understand. Maybe its the speakers

My boss drives a boxster and uses the ipod running off a standard porsche radio he like that set up (interesting information for you

errr budget is all gone on 268, schrick, large throttle remap etc etc as you well know.. Just looking for a few ideas until the end of the year

Well those mods certainly eat into the ICE budget! I've spent the same amount on ICE to give you an idea.....and it rocks....hence my question. Depends if you want a reasonable sound or a feckin good sound :lol:

To start with, get some Audioscape door pods and fit them with the best 6.5" components you can afford, get a good amp and HU and take it from there.

Get a flexible HU that will facilitate future upgrades, such as the excellent Alpine 9835R or Pioneer 8600. Plenty of places online do those for a lot less than RRP. My money's on the Alpine..... you'll see why if you get one :lol:

yeh sounds great Im to pissed to read that lot. A few buzz words like "door pods" "HU" Alpine 9835r did get though However went striaght over my head :| :mrgreen:

Oh god, not on the red wine are you??

Let's just say the Alpine has more than enough features for both ICE heads and novices alike :wink:

no its 2003 j.p. Chenet Colmabard-chardonnay-- cheap but its ok ----(stealth have put me back a week) pain in the ass