Sign in to follow this  
whiteee

Short shift kits...

Is there one available for the corrado 16 valve? who by? where from? how much?

OR would it be possible to use a mk2 golf item?

Give TSR a call, they offer the B&M short shift kit for the Corrado. I fitted one of these a fair while ago now and with a little fettling have found the result to be satifactory. If you get one of these kits let me know and i will gladly offer you some tips on the install. The MK2 Golf kit is not suitable for the Corrado because it uses a totally different gear shift mechanism. The Corrado is cable shift, while the Golf MK2 is rod change.

I have one of these. When its all lined up correctly its good.

But when its out of alignment (as mine is now) its a nightmare - you have to be very careful with gear selection and its notchy as hell...

Give TSR a call, they offer the B&M short shift kit for the Corrado. I fitted one of these a fair while ago now and with a little fettling have found the result to be satifactory. If you get one of these kits let me know and i will gladly offer you some tips on the install. The MK2 Golf kit is not suitable for the Corrado because it uses a totally different gear shift mechanism. The Corrado is cable shift, while the Golf MK2 is rod change.

thats not completly true, you can get mk2's with cable change aswell and asfar as I'm aware they are the same mech as the corrado... :D

Thought you were gonna take that off Jim?

After getting it aligned at Stealth it changed my opinion of it.. much easier to use when its behaving as its supposed to :)

Isn't the Corrado's shift short enough as it is?

Quickshift reduces throw by a considerable amount actually - you'd probably be surprised. Certainly looks / feels like around 30% throw reduction when compared to a standard box.

Isn't the Corrado's shift short enough as it is?

No, definitely not compared to my short shifters in my 2 Roccos, the Rado feels like rowing a boat :lol:

Tempest

The Rado feels like rowing a boat :lol:

Tempest

Hehehe... quote of the day! :)

Na I do agree - you need to try a Corrado with a quickshift to feel the difference. Really its hugely improved but the only downside is the fact that the gearstick is raised up about another 2 or so inches and it does look a bit weird when compared to a standard Corrado.

realy like to get a short shift poss b&m,had a short shifter on my mk1s and were adjustable 30-40% and were nice and reliable but from the responce the b&m shifters on the rado need to be spot on .

the more good responce the better,and may tempt me to getting one,by the way anyone got one for sale.

was thinking of converting the standard shifter,has anyone done this mod on the standard shifter,and how does it perform.

cheers.

brian. 8)

I'm sitting on a B&M short shifter for my 92 VR6SLC and I had everything taken apart in the console but there's a tiny part of the outer housing thats keeping me from pulling out the rod in the shifter. I'm wondering if the exhaust has to be dropped down in order to install the shifter. I'm kinda ticked that I followed the instructions and a little 1cm protrusion ruined the whole thing (in instructions were using pics from a 97 Passat console though:-\)