Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

strut top mounts to vag or not to vag??

Is it best to go with vag top mounts on my g60? or are the gsf ones any good? its my last piece in the new chassis puzzle does any one do uprated ones? i seem to remember bonrath did some for the golf?

Fit some VR6 ones mate.... tough as old houses.

Otherwise Bonrath's are OK, as are VAG.... The Bonrath ones lower 10mm aswell....

are you havin a bubble or do they go straight on? i dont need lowering ive got avo coilovers which im gonna wind up a bit trying to de boy racer my car took the eyebrow off today

:lol: "VR6 top mounts are indestructable" - it's a phrase I've heard Kev say many many times... And now he's destroyed some!! :)

Yeah they seem to take a battering on the stretch of wilderness that the Essex county council class a road.

Mine weren't completely destroyed Per se, just the nearside top plate sat 5mm higher than the offside one after a year where it had been absorbing the lion's share of bumps in the road. Very strange as the previous set lasted for years.

Yes they do go straight on billinjahg60 as I fitted some to my old MK2. You need early VR6 spring top plates though.

do gsf do them are they any good vag isnt bad at 33 inc vat but you know some things gsf do are made by the oe manufacturer anyway for 1/2 the price!