Sign in to follow this  
stormseeker

24V VR6 ???

Was there ever a 24V VR6?

Got me thinking after seeing a guy selling a 12V VR6 cylinder head on ebay, saying that he's swapped his engine out for the 24valve VR6?

:? Confused :?

Is the current V6-4motion Golf engine a "VR" i.e. narrow angle with one cylinder head?

:? :? Even More Confused :? :?

What abou the R32?

So many questions.....................

Don't think there was ever a 24V while the Corrado was on sale, it was certainly planned however - take a look at the second article down on this page .

The R32 has a 24V version of the engine now though :D

Jamie

the 24v was just released in the past 2 years or so.. there still aren't very many on the road... around here anyway.

pretty sure its the 24V vr6 thats in the V6 4motion's(204bhp)

though when the C vr6 was new there was talk of a flagship C getting a 24valve head........but it never got to production :cry:

Before anyone asks, the 24v head wont fit on the Corrado engine, something I already checked out. :twisted:

Correct, the 24V head/block has a completely different headbolt pattern to the 12V. Only option would be to fit the complete 4 motion engine but you can get a lot more than 204bhp out of a 12V, so little point doing it really.

Kev

94 VR6

Badging techniques! VR = old engine, V6 = new engine! VW are big on red badges at the moment which distuinguish certain engine types. For example, GT - red I = 20V T, GTI all in silver = 2.0 8V. TDI = 90bhp, TD red I = 110bhp, T red D red I = 130/150bhp or now it's GT T red D red I.

I don't think that many people actually understood what "VR"6 meant, but everybody knows what a "V"6 is.

Just a guess!

Kev

94 VR6, or should that be V6, or inline V6?