Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

Well...i did it...i bought a new car!

yes. after having...and if im honest.. loving the corrado for a whole 13 months..i have just paid a deposit on a new car.

drum roll.....

2001 Y plate nogaro blue Audi S3

Bose Symphony sound system

Full black leather recaro seats

facelift version

:lol: :lol: :lol:

picking it up on thursday!

Will you be joining a different forum now? The VR is a tough act to follow (especially looking at yours), I hope you're not disappointed. :( I'm sure you won't be :mrgreen:

Good luck.

Dave

The S3 is superb - I drove a few after selling the VR6... just found it a bit bland on the outside although the alum mirrors are gorgeous :mrgreen:

how fast did it feel compared to raddo?

very solid!! and just as fast! amazing grip...yes it doesnt 'feel' as special as the corrado... but i have had mine for a year..time to give someone else a turn now :cry:

Will you be joining a different forum now? The VR is a tough act to follow (especially looking at yours), I hope you're not disappointed. I'm sure you won't be

already a member of audi-sport.net (clocked up 100 posts before even buying the car) and rs246.com...but i will stick around on the corrado forum aswell....if your'll still have me :(

The S3 is superb - I drove a few after selling the VR6... just found it a bit bland on the outside although the alum mirrors are gorgeous

Bland = stealth in my book....besides...what is bland about nogaro blue!! have you seen it! :roll:

The one i bought has alu mirrors....which i HATE HATE HATE...i already have agreed a p/x for some nogaro blue colour coded ones!

Superb mate! Can't wait to see it :lol:

Drop over when you get it mate and I'll give you the cash for the brakes then? Just don't forget to put them in the boot first!

yeah i was after either black with silver leather or nogaro blue with black leather..

the black with silver are quite rare it seems.... a couple came up for sale but were high miles!!

this one is only 40k miles and i got him down to a good price :roll:

no i dont mind..

s3 was advertised at £14750...i got him down to £13700 :lol: but it needs a small dent repairing (dent devils will sort that)

VR6.... i have a guy very interested and he is looking at it tomorrow. Im asking £6400 and im not prepared to let it go for much if any less

...luckily i can afford to hang onto for a while so there is no rush... but he sounds genuinely interested and knows full well that im not open to silly offers so im confident we will reach an agreement.

yea black & silver look good but like yourself, I woul prefer a blue with low miles than black/silver with high miles. I am going to try and hang on to the VR for 2 more years if I can, it is tempting with all these nice cars about tho! The S3 styling is spot on, nice clean lines, very subtle and understated with nice rims and you can probably see off 99% of cars if needs be!! How does the old mpg compare to the C?

mpg is good. long motorway runs car see 35+mpg, town about 25-27mpg and booting it about low 20's

similar to the corrado really

the insurance is MUCH less though

i'll be saving £400 per year compared to the corrado

Enjoy! (especially not thinking...hmmm, what needs fixing/might go wrong next :) ).

Cheers,

Tom

i pick the car up on thursday... 2 days.. cant wait..

I have it booked in for the revo demo... 5hrs for free.. takes 10 mins to upgrade and then reverts to standard after 5hrs.. but in that 5 hrs i will have 260 bhp and 280 lb/ft!

i probably wont go with revo in the end but it will be nice to see if it is something i definately want to do!

Also have a stack of new ice on its way already. the bose upgrade is ok but not as good as my current install so im upgrading it straight away!..keeping the standard headunit as it fits in well with the dash but upgrading to infinity fronts, rears, amp and sub.

I'll take a few pics at the weekend

cheers for the responses...nice to see im not getting slated for changing away from the corrado

Be wary of Revo.... there is rumblings on the Cupra R forum of them being sh1te. Revo equipped R's can't exceed 130mph or something like that and loads the limp mode if you try to exceed it, flooding the engine with fuel and back the timing off. Standard Rs are a capable of 150+. Revo are pleading ignorance, despite the evidence stacked against them.

They're a new name with good marketing - stick with the old school boys that know what they're doing, like Geoff Everett.