Sign in to follow this  
vr6storm

Top Gear tonite

gonna be taping this as from what ive heard Clarkson,May and Hammond buy 3 budget Porkers(924 944 and i think a 928) and race them :twisted: .........anyone able to get this on to a PC too btw?

yea sounds good. I had a 924 but it wasn't much cop as you probably know. Thought about the 944 before I got the C but unless it's an S2 or Turbo, I'd much rather the C. :wink:

The Porsche challenge was superb!

Out of all 3 of them though, the car that James May had was by far the best.. I don't mean from a mechanical point of view but for looks, it won hands down :)

No wonder his £1,500 example was completely screwed then.. lol :)

late ones are chalk n cheese from the "early" one clarkson had tho.............besides .its a car that you basically need to be able to afford the purchase price(and some) again to maintain properly.......but IMHO a nice sorted late 928 is something to behold.....AWESOME motors........had one overtake me a couple of years back when i was doing 60mph on a country road.......just dissappeared into the horizon before you knew it :twisted: :twisted:

Well it certainly sounded brutal - you could see it round the track that once it got going it wasn't about to slow down any time soon!

well must admit ive got a bit of a soft spot for the old 924.........even the *cough* "common myth" VW van engine'd one *cough*........twas actually more identical to the old Audi 100 (70's-early 80's)engine......but in detuned form was also used in the VW LT

i've in a way got the best of both.........that is the 924's svelte body(so slightly better aerodynamics) and the 944's "proper" PORSCHE engine......in my 924S :wink:

one thing that really i just can't understand is.............the little feature for the new Golf GTI why do VW(UK) still insist on having that silver mk1 with the front GTI badge about 1mile to high up on the grille :scratch:

Any idea if Top Gear is repeated at any point during the week? Failing that, anyone know where I would be able to download a copy of tonight's show?

Cheers,

Jamie

Any idea if Top Gear is repeated at any point during the week? Failing that, anyone know where I would be able to download a copy of tonight's show?

Cheers,

Jamie

Its on tomorrow at like 11:25pm on BBC2 again

Cheers,

Jamie

Its on tomorrow at like 11:25pm on BBC2 again

Thanks, good man :D

Wasn't there someone on here who said they bumped into May and Hammond at a petrol station, and they were driving two knackered old Porkas :?: Couple of months ago :?:

yeh that was the cars, and they were on their way brack from brighton down the a3 into central............and there was only 2 of em. I watched top gear, we all though t they might have shown the cars view as we all convoyed for about 200m before i got impatieint and sped off. Shame, i was really hoping they might have shown it. Oh well..

ANd

furthermore, im looking out for a 944 for mself to replace the c!!

Khurrado, be carefull! A mate of mine bought a 944 Turbo that looked mint, with FSH.

Cost him thousands in repairs, just about everything that could go wrong, did.

When he finally had it all sorted, he was just so annoyed with the thing, he sold it anyway.

He lost several thousand out of the whole experience. :shock: