Sign in to follow this  
ZackM8

Best Sounding G60 Exhaust system

I have a custom 2.5" system right now, but im looking for something with a really good sound, I dunno if any of you guys have something to share or maybe for audio i could hear or jsut some really good suggestions

let hear something

zack

My Magnex is quiet as a mouse .... :(

Gonna get something a bit more noisy before I put it back on the road, in the spring..... :mrgreen:

I'm having a Miltek system with de-cat put on this week (best of British engineering ;)) so I'll post up when I've driven it back from the workshop!

MILLTEK, MILLTEK, MILLTEK, :D These systems sound great right through the rev range without being obtrusive, given that a sports system is what you require. Some might suggest, that of course i would say this being a supplyer of this product, but then i have tried all the others and found Milltek product and after sales service to be the best. Milltek systems will help to allow your engine to breath better, and therfore will give a proportionate % increase to engine output. I have many happy customers running Milltek systems on their Corrados, alot of these are on this forum, all of whom are satisfied with the sound. If you are after sound track of a Milltek in action i'm sure somone on here will obligue, if not there was a recording released by John Wintle of my 16VG60 running a Milltek custom built twin outlet system. I am sure that there will now follow a whole stream of opinions from which you will be able to read. Let's hope the spelling checkers are not onto this thread :lol: At the end of the day if you know in your mind what it is you require by way of looks, sound etc then the only way of finding it is to get some first hand experience.

i've got the magnex with de-cat & 4-1manifold, but still quiet, love it, can only hear the charger anyway

Milltek does it for me on my Rado, shame that in my US-spec Rado, the sound deadening is so sophisticated, that I don't actually hear much unless I wind down the windows (which, of course you don't with airco :lol: ).

Tempest

yes i have to admit i took furkans car out onto out test track last week and it did create a beautiful roar... :evil:

sounds so much like an annimal in the pass seat.... i jus wanna be a pass in the millteks G60's from now on

sounds so much like an annimal in the pass seat.... i jus wanna be a pass in the millteks G60's from now on

why were you looking so pale then mate.. :lol:

coz u went round that bend at 120mph

and

coz ya caught up with a Scooby WRX when u was like 5 cars behind than made a Octavia RS look like a Paxo.......

I am having a straighf through Miltek system fitted this morning with a de-cat and JMR Down pipe. I will let you know what it sounds like later on today. I know it might sound different to a G60 set uo but just to give you sone feed back.

Nah, just get a LHD Rado, and you'll enjoy the best of both worlds, being the driver and the sound :D

Tempest

The thing about Powerflow and Longlife is that the quality can be inconsistent as that are just franchises. I had a mid section fitted to my old car and the back box I had which previously fitted perfectly (Magnex) hung at a very odd angle following Longlife getting their mits on it. I had to take it back and they had to hash on some extra bit of metal. I've also seen pics of Powerflow exhausts that have completely rotted away and welds that look at though David Blunkett did them. They're OK if you get a good franchise and a good welder having a good day and you ask for the right thing. At least if you get an off the shelf one, you can be (generally) sure that the exhaust will fit perfectly and that it has been optimised on a rolling road. It's less important on forced induced cars, but on n/a cars, expansion box size and placement is critical to releasing power, something which custom exhaust fitters may not be that fussed about. I'm picking my car up this afternoon following 16VG60 fitting a Miltek system with decat, can't wait!

I have a clip at home of mine. I've got a Milltek System I'll bring it tomorrow. It's only revving it, but it's better than nothing.

Well I just drove about 40 miles back from JMR (thanks a lot for the work on the car) following a MIltek system and decat being ftited and it sounds awesome. When accelerating hard it sounds like a P51 Mustang but quietens down nicely when cruising. Just what I personally want from an exhaust. It fits perfectly with no banging and looks the nuts with a nice subtle oval tail pipe. :)

Neil, glad you like it - hope the car feels improved all round after all the work you've had done.