Sign in to follow this  
24V Renshaw

Mileage in a year.

Had my MOT the other week and was shocked but also fairly chuffed to see that I had done 22,000 trouble free miles in the year since the previous MOT. Not bad for a 13 year old car, let alone one that is not exactly as it left the factory!

Jay

jeeeez 22k's untroubled is good, i've done 59k in three years, which is pretty respectable for a G reg! it's declared off road at the moment for fun to start, so mileage is at dead stop for now

Done 8k since easter - now on 68k, worrying about going over 70k but if all your nice motors are happily doing that lot maybe I'll just drive it all the time and save up for an engine rebuild later on, I hate watching the mileage go up and worrying about selling it on. My E36 318is had 168k when I sold it, did 40k in one year driving between High Wycombe, Maidenhead, Luton, Bristol and Cardif nearly every week when working for General Motors.

I've read in a previous post VR's are best at around 70K anyway!!

don't worry yourself about selling it on - just enjoy driving the damn thing!!! :lol: :lol:

Precisely - my machine was built for *my* enjoyment, not some tyre kicking future buyer!

My C currently reads 104k, but hasn't clocked up not much more than 5000 miles in the last 2 years! Previous to that it was my daily driver, so was doing over double that in a year, but a job change 2 years ago forced me to buy an old diesel shed to do an 45 mile commute to work each day. Didn't want to clock up the miles on the C, plus it's not the cheapest car to put fuel in. My Xantia passed its MOT about 3 weeks ago with 255k miles on the clock, comparing it to last year which read 223k. Not exactly been trouble free, but still hardly cost me a penny...

Steve

P.S. Renshaw, did i see you driving through Southampton the other night?

Car was on 96,000'ish when I bought it in February or March and its now on to around 103,000 - I don't do a huge amount of miles as you can tell!

Storm Bought in Sept this year with 47.5K. Now just over 51K, Best 3500 miles I have driven in a long time, (see posting What you drive and how old are you.) Had some mingers and corkers but nothing comes close to the Corrado. Long live C 8)

Yeah Steve I was in Southampton on Monday dropping the GF off at a work christmas do. Car is filthy again at the mo, so it was probably hard to recognise it! :)

Jay