Sign in to follow this  
Shilakadaddy

Corrado Forum Car of the Year - Nominations

I'm honoured to be in the list and to see my car recognised

Theres some Top C's in the List

Theres lots of unique c's around the forum, where each member has put there hard work into getting

there c to how they like.

People apprieate what has gone into individuals corrados.

Tough to choose, i would go with Jays after seeing it for first time at Inters, The work Henny did with his engine and Ant for sticking thur thick and thin with his

I'd have to say CHEESY's as my favourite. :thumbleft:

Its had the lot; body styling, G-60 transplant, full interior, mad ICE install, just had his first photo shoot. He's done a fair bit himself as well. Hard seeing as he lives in Jersey & has hardly seen much of his car this year!

Banana Man's is great & so is A20LEE

I vote for Henny and Cheesy to get them off 0%!

It's quite a good line up (well chosen Shilakadaddy), encompassing all tastes, styles and mods and they're all unique in their own way and the selection also includes a good number of the available Corrado colours.

My own personal admiration go to innovators that have taken a good basis and enhanced it with some good stuff. Therefore please also tot up the scores for PhatVR6 (heavy metal engineering) & Mr Renshaw (excellent interior work). I would have liked to see Jurgen TDI and BiggerBigBen added to the list too....Jurgen for the only known TDi Corrado and Ben's for his 4x4 1.8T C with TVR inspired interior. I've also dabbled with a little inventiveness with my OE look 3rd brake light and lupo rear wiper mod, but I won't vote for myself as it's cheating!

And for those not included in the list, don't worry, you all still have great cars :wink:

Cheers

K

the new list:

Original

- MoonlightVR

- OSV

- KevHaywire

- VR6

Modified Bodywork

- A20 LEE

- Cheesy

- G60Dan

- G60Renshaw

- Doublezero

- ScruffyDubbers

Modified Engine

- Banana Man

- Henny

- PhatVR6

- Gibber_2k

- Maddub

- Jurgen TDI

These are the people I have in the running. I know Biggerbigben should be in there, but his car hasn't been revealed yet, and therefore can't have the 2004 car of the year title (suddenly sounding like an official award :lol: )

I'll try find decent pictures of all these cars, and set up 3 threads (which a mod will then have to turn into a poll) later on - may take me a while. Then after a week or so, I'll take the top voted person out of the Original poll, and the top 2 people out of Engine and Bodywork. These people will be forwarded into a final poll to decide which car everyone likes the best overall :)

So if everyones happy with that, I'll start sorting it out :)

I think some of the bodywork mods on Moonlight VR are easily overlooked and whilst the look is still very OE, Asim should be recognised for his restraint and success in creating a very subtle modified car. I wouldn't have had the vision and determination to loose the tow eye, aerial and wiper which has given a less is more approach to 'clean up' the already succesful basic formula of the VW Corrado. This car stands alone in my opinion as the most succesful and thorough interpretation of the OEM+ Corrado in the UK, and my personal favourite. Less is more.

Polls always make me laugh - the results especially!

:lol:

Cant wait to see who comes out on top - when will the results be finalised?

good point, VR6 has now been added to the above list :wink:

Where? can't see it.............gets my vote when it appears :D

Where? can't see it.............gets my vote when it appears :D

I can't edit the poll itself, only a mod can do that (i think) and theres a maximum of 10 options in a poll, therefore none of the new people suggested can be added to this particular poll... thats why we're making this overly complex solution of splitting the nominees up into 3 categories so we can fit more people in.

doublezero - the final result of who's is the thought to be the best corrado on the forum won't be decided for a couple of weeks I guess - give everyone a chance to vote :)

Gman who's car are you showing me? :lol:

Think this is a great tread, mind you all pre registered Corrados will get a chance of stardom at the Corrado Forum 2005 event even you G60jay, that is if you can show up :lol:

How about my car.Can i be on the list. :(

of course, just need a couple of pics of your car... and which section would you liked to be placed in?

How about my car.Can i be on the list. :(

of course, just need a couple of pics of your car... and which section would you liked to be placed in?

Ok great. I'll sort out some photos. :D

Think this is a great tread, mind you all pre registered Corrados will get a chance of stardom at the Corrado Forum 2005 event even you G60jay, that is if you can show up :lol:

Not sure if i can bring the car to that one. :(

so the original section is for original enough body work?? ie, no pulled arches etc.

vents included into that?

smoothing? what defines the body work and the original sections?

so the original section is for original enough body work?? ie, no pulled arches etc.

vents included into that?

smoothing? what defines the body work and the original sections?

theres no specific rules for it... just people that have kept the original look, and gone for very subtle changes. Obviously people have gone for different wheels, but as long as nothing looks out of place - wheels can't be chrome :lol: Vents I'd say aren't really in keeping with original.. some smoothing would fit, but nothing too major... I'd just have to judge on the overall look of the car..

I'll start setting up the proper threads now :)