Sign in to follow this  
Jstar

Hello from a new member!

Hi

Just to let you know this is one of the best forums about. I've owned my C for 8 years. Its still standard but with everything fixed - twice! ( Sun roof, exhaust, head gasket, etc, etc) But I just love the car and have NO intention of getting rid of it. There's just nothing like it on the road any more. I've been on this forum for about 2 months and finally took the plunge and joined. :D

Welcome aboard.. glad one of the lurkers finally stepped out of the shadows :D :)

Where abouts in Preston are you Reggit? I'm in Penwortham and use the C as my daily drive up and down the A59. :shock:

Longridge - mine doesn't get used that much cause I have a car for work, but aren't allowed private miles in it.

Longridge

I was born in salsbury just down the road :D

you guys should check out the main dealers your motors were bought from - let me know if it was Coulthurst & Grimshaw

Oh & welcome :D

Dunno where mine was bought from originally, I bought it privately from a guy in Worthing, West Sussex. (the joys of Ebay after a few beers!! No regrets though). It appears to have spent a lot of its life around Ipswich, London and W Sussex.

edit:

I lie, it was supplies new by Skipper of Cheltenham, and registered to what appears to be a company in Coventry on the 23/08/93.

was just wondering if anyone round that neck of the woods had bought a rado off my dad :D cos if they did it probably had me slobbering over it as a kid :mrgreen:

Hi, Welcome to the Forum. Nice to have another local owner i'm only a couple of miles away from you too.

No I bought my rado off a doctor (or a dentist - I cannot remember) in South Manchester - It might have been Harold Shipman!

nice looking C, what colour is it? and what alloys are those? I might just try and keep mine for years, even if it is just stored, like you say, there is nothing out there like it. It will be a very sad day when it is sold that's for sure...

Its some odd colour. I dont know the exact colour spec. but its like a dark metallic aubergine. It looked great when I bought the car. The only problem is you cannot get a VW (or Halfords) paint pen to cover the chips. :( You can get every other colour though. I have to use a Ford dark aubergine. Its close enough.

If its an original colourjust find the code - should be in the log book and on various parts of the car and get Halfords to mix it up...

If its not an original colour then find a body shop who can optically match the paint.

OSV, It was a dentist who worked (possibly still works!) in Macclesfield 'cos I went to have a look at it when it was for sale, but realised I couldn't afford it at the time! 8)

Jstar, Welcome to The Forum... 8) :D