Sign in to follow this  
G22

hi everyone! new to the forum

hey everyone!

quiet new to this forum as i've only had my C for a few months. just thought id introduce myself,

Ive got a white G reg 1.8 16V with 87' on the clock, i managed to pick it up for 900quid with a bit of haggling (guy wanted 1500) its got a few problems e.g sunroof, bodywork etc. but hey! what 15 YO car doesnt!).

from what ive seen on the the best corrado forum n i hope you guys keep up the good work!

here are a few pics of my new other half. just wanna know what you think

Thanks

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you got a bargain to me! :)

Jay

Here here, second that. Yep sounds like a good deal. I like White, Honest colour for the Corrado. Had a Scirocco GT11 in Alpine white, savage to keep clean but I loved her to bits, the dirty little mare :lol:

im hoping its a bargin,

been off the road a few times already (radiator hose, flat tyre)

but it looks like, as a C owner, a bit of walking is what to be expected lol

Hehe :)

Welcome aboard.. looks like a nice clean standard Corrado. Where abouts in the Midlands you based?

well being a new owner myself I know the costs at the start can be BIG! Its easy to want to make your car perfect again and make it your own. As already mentioned though - £900 - how could you go wrong! Just pay AA their fee and you're grand :)

im from near Burton/Deby, see a few C's around here. (anyone???)

its not a bad example, i had my mate ( a VW enthusiast) and an AA mechanic take a look over it and they gave there thumbs up so the deal was done.

needs a new front bumper (been told it would be cheaper to buy a new front bumper and spray it, than strip and repaint this one)

new fog lights (cracked to f@*k)

some new screws (interior has been out and they didnt bother screwing it back in :roll: )

etc..

but after that is gonna be some skirts and then maybe some speedlines (really love 'em for some reason)

then ill be laughing :lol:

i

but after that is gonna be some skirts and then maybe some speedlines (really love 'em for some reason)

then ill be laughing :lol:

If you're talking Corrado VR6 'standard issue' Speedlines then you are out of luck with regards to a direct swap. The VR6 has 5 bolt stud pattern but all the other Corrado's (8v, 16v's, G60) had 4 stud.. :(

P.S. do the 16v come with a bumber lip spoiler 'cause mine hasnt got one and i was wondering if they came as standard

thanks

Yep all Corrado's are meant to have them - try giving GPC a call (number on their site which is http://www.gpcvwaudi.com) to get a new one. To be totally standard you want the 90mm chin spoiler :)

well being a new owner myself I know the costs at the start can be BIG! Its easy to want to make your car perfect again and make it your own. As already mentioned though - £900 - how could you go wrong! Just pay AA their fee and you're grand :)

i was knid of prepaired for it, my mate said it was prob going to take a bit of cash to get it running sweet again but in the end anything that i cant stop staring and smiling at :D must be worth it! but i figured i was prepaired to pay 1500 so ive got some funds to play around with. im putting away half to go towards a celerbratory drink lol.

P.S. thanks for the advise on the chin spoiler im going to give them a ring tomorrow and see what they say

Welcome..................did you say 87k on the clock for a G plate.........good find.

I'm not too far from you.

Dave

im from near Burton/Deby, see a few C's around here. (anyone???)

i used to live in uttoxeter, but now in stafford. not too far i guess!

i had my vr6 reading 150mph on the A50 towards derby one time . . .