Sign in to follow this  
Joe M

G60 vs VR6.. yes, its back to haunt us again.

I don't mean me specifically! I meant thats the opinion I have gotten from a number of G60 owners! :)

either will do for me, please.

a vr6 with it's fat sack of power, or a g60 with it's crazy tuning possiblities.

i think i need one of each.

Oh here we go - some joker babbling on about the Corrado being heavy whilst the VR6 engine is too heavy for the chassis, and at some of the 'cruises' he has gone to he has seen Corrado's being destroyed by smaller hatches. Haha! I laugh in your general direction! Quite possibly beaten off the lights by some of the quickest smaller hatches, but who the hell cares about 0-60 anyway! Its up into three figures where you care - the point when most cheap light hot hatches are vibrating themselves to pieces ;)

Half way down that link !! :lol:

Tell you what stop picking on the small boy racers and try picking on the big boy racers

:lol: I carn't control my laughter !!!

I'm going to soil myself soon !!! :lol:

The guy does need to get some of his facts straight though.. he says of Corrado's (or maybe he's on about Golfs?) :

Fact is they are rubish cars that no one buys.

Eeer... yeah, right!

but who the hell cares about 0-60 anyway! Its up into three figures where you care - the point when most cheap light hot hatches are vibrating themselves to pieces ;)

Well said :)

A Maroon 1.4 Corsa that turns heads..... yeah, only on a planet that has no cars at all maybe :roll:

These people are just unintelligent idiots who don't have a clue what they're talking about. As others have said, it's not all about 0-60mph- that's not 'real world' driving! My 1.6 VTI had a 0-60mph of around 7 seconds dead, but I remember being destroyed by a Polo TDI once :lol: :oops: Got caught in the wrong gear and out of VTEC. What use is 170 BHP when you've only got 113 lb/ft torque? Only comment I agreed with was about the EK9 Type-R. Best hot hatch ever. Period. Shame they didn't sell it here :(

What i forgot to tell u people is that mine ain't standard either. It does 0-60 in 5 secs with a flick of a switch! (No lie, tested on track, of course). And by the way it is lowered all round. Oh and yes i can insure it as im 23 with full no claims.

1st thing------I want one of these switches

2nd thing----- why the "beeep" would you be driving a corsa at 23 if u had full no claims?????

3rd thing----- reading sh1t like this makes me feeel sooooooo :D

:? samm_cvr6, the old EK9 Type-R (not VTI!) was better than the new shape model that replaced it. It was JDM only, so the only ones here are imports. They're extremely rare- I'll try and find some performance figures but think 0-60mph is less than 6 seconds!

And probably the peakiest powerband of any of the vtec's, as well as poor standard seats down to Honda assuming most of them would be stripped out and turned into full on track cars.

That load of old bollox reads like a pub argument between a load of 18 year olds after a few too many WKDs. Do they really believe the horse sh1t that they're dribbling? I really really hope not.

Who knows, one day they may become VAG mechanics or something equally as scary.....be afraid.....

Some of the drivvel these boy racers talk is, well, drivvel. A VR6 may not be the most powerful thing compared to some of the motors nowadays, but it oozes cool, is effortless in performance and has a uniqeuness no amount of chav body kits and woofy exhausts can match. TBH, any C vs any of those kidmobiles is a no-contest. Okay if it does come to performance I'm sure some of our forum guys have motors which would leave most cars for dust.