Sign in to follow this  
Joe M

G60 vs VR6.. yes, its back to haunt us again.

This won't make sense from the first post as it was split off from a thread.. but read through to get the idea. That oh so timeless debate... -- jimsg60

It wasnt the engine that made your car quick though. :-P

cos that makes sense :s

if its not the engine that makes it quick it must be? ... the driver, yeah, cos hes lightweight?! or the wheels?

voted for the wrong car, could you at least put the chuffing cars in the same order as the poll options...

Matt

cos that makes sense :s

if its not the engine that makes it quick it must be? ... the driver, yeah, cos hes lightweight?! or the wheels?

The 6 speed gearbox, phats 12v engine wasnt drastically modified from what I read, and made 207bhp I think when he had it in his golf. Some standard vr's put that out.

I voted for his R32 engine.

207bhp I think when he had it in his golf. Some standard vr's put that out.

so VW named them at 190 or whatever when they were really putting 207 out? yeah right...

Matt (owner of a real 200bhp from the factory vw...)

190bhp standard for the 2.9, mine made 205 with scorpion exaust and k&n filter. Others have made more.

190bhp standard for the 2.9, mine made 205 with scorpion exaust and k&n filter. Others have made more.

then it aint standard is it

Matt

Never said mine was standard, but I know of standard ones that have made more. In fact, there was one made 210bhp at the forums rr day november'03, mine made 199.5 then. (Exaust blowing badly at time.)

Is any of this relevant though?

Never said mine was standard, but I know of standard ones that have made more. In fact, there was one made 210bhp at the forums rr day november'03, mine made 199.5 then. (Exaust blowing badly at time.)

totally relevant to the fact that you're telling me that standard vr's make 207 bhp but backing it up with zero evidence. its like a thread on the vortex in here, only theres more VR owners... show me dyno's and i'll be happy for you. in your slow and heavy vr ;)

Matt

totally relevant to the fact that you're telling me that standard vr's make 207 bhp but backing it up with zero evidence. its like a thread on the vortex in here, only theres more VR owners...

No graph for you but heres a list of results and witnesses, vr6pauls car is the standard vr im talking about.

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... cottish+rr

show me dyno's and i'll be happy for you. in your slow and heavy vr ;)

Matt

Now that is a totally different issue. :p :lol:

so some vr's becomes one does it?

aww thats a beautiful post. look at the two highest pulling cars and note they are both G60's. 0wn3d....

someone split my discussin with Joe off so as not to pollute what is otherwise a corking thread.

Matt

Have I ever had an issue with or mentioned anything about vr's vs g60's in this thread, i was actually going to vote for henny until phat posted his r32 engine pics.

Asim, on the forum as moonlight vr's motor made more than that (210) standard at stealth.

Just to clear it up, the only point I was trying to make was that phats car was faster than hennys due to gearbox, not engine.

Hehe, this looks like it could be a corker. People are already showing signs of one-upmanship and of not-reading-what-the-other-side-ACTUALLY-wrote.

Like it, keep it up, lads! ;)

Don't encourage them Matt.... if it gets out of hand the thread will be deleted and you removed from the forum for sh1t stirring :wink:

Just to clear it up, the only point I was trying to make was that phats car was faster than hennys due to gearbox, not engine.

...and mine was running a tooth out on the cam at the RR session, Santa Pod and Curborough... :oops:

Your motor was definately a HECK of a lot faster at Bruntingthorpe when I passengered in it compared to the Stealth day.. the straightline sprint speed was shocking.

...and mine was running a tooth out on the cam at the RR session, Santa Pod and Curborough... :oops:

'kin weekend warriors... ;)

henny, stop flagilating and get on msn more, got some q's for ya...

Matt

Don't encourage them Matt.... if it gets out of hand the thread will be deleted and you removed from the forum for sh1t stirring :wink:

be right, we actually let discussions happen on dubforce unlike in here. you cant say anything contraversial or you get slapped down. i wonder why andi doesn't call it a compliment forum?

Matt

Now i'm not saying one is better than the other (may the lord strike me down) , but it appear's IMO , the G60 owners seem to be trying a little bit harder to prove a point !! ?? :wink:

I think its because they are fed of VW's G60 being consigned to the history book of failure, despite the fact that its a reliable and powerful engine with big potential for tuning! :)