Sign in to follow this  
Ford

Headlights no longer available?

Hi, I have just purchased two new headlights for the c to freshen things up. Got them from Euro Car parts as they are genuine, but still cheaper than VW. Just thought I would let you know that these parts are going to be increasingly difficult to obtain as according to Euro Car Parts, VW/Hella have just stopped making them. You can no longer get them at Euro Car Parts, I got the last lot, so I guess supplies at VW may dwindle too.

Just thought I would pass that on, just incase somebody is considering new headlights.

Cheers

I wonder if it's worth trying to get some idea from VW UK of what parts are left and what is now obsolete and what is soon to be made obsolete. Apart from the mechanicals, it's going to be increasingly difficult keeping this things on the road over the next few years! If they stop making door handles, we'll be fecked!

I If they stop making door handles, we'll be fecked!

I have some Passat rears that just went up to £50 :lol:

Gavin

Well not entirely. Don't forget daves16v made some door handle repair kits.. so that should hopefully take care of the door handle problems for us :)

Good point, I forgot about those little gems :lol:

Sod the germans.... we'll continue to make our own parts then - and defy their attempts to rid the World of Corrados 8)

Now who's up for making some headlights?

Now who's up for making some headlights?

ISTR there was already a thread of people asking some german company (was it FK or Inpro?) to make clear headlamp lenses..

I suspect the reason VW are obsoleting all these parts is because despite the car's popularity and following in the UK, the whole rest of Europe (and most importantly Germany) really don't notice that it ever existed. Out of sight and out of mind. Now, really that means it's up to VW uk to push VW germany to keep making and stocking these parts. But if VW uk don't push hard enough (or maybe they simply don't have enough leverage), it just won't happen.

sounds like we may have to get a personal stash of discontinued items for when the inevitable happens (cracked headlight lenses etc). Bulk buy now!!!

I have a list of Corrado headlight part numbers in front of me right now, every single headlamp is still availiable (apart from one which is on back order, it ain't obselette though.

I suspect the person you were speaking to had 'Partco-son's desease', which means compulsive lying to try and get a sale and make the OEM supplier look like a Scrouge... Be very wary of Partco and the like at the moment, allot of there 'Dealer Prices' are completely inaccurate. You'll find that some of the parts you buy are only a couple of quid more, if not cheaper, than what you'd get them from a Dealer.

Earlier style Corrado headlamps are only £68.00 + VAT from VAG, later ones are slightly dearer at £99.99 + VAT. Both before Corrado forum discount :wink:

Lights tend to be the very last thing they'll stop producing for a Car, put it this way, you can still buy Audi 50 headlights from Audi :lol:

Okay, thanks for that Nelson_Wilbury, so it isn't a trend then, the guy that told me that was wrong (Euro Car PRATS-Wembley), can breath a sigh of relief. Perhaps it is just Euro Car Parts that won't be supplying them anymore (seems unlikey too, so he obviously just fed me some story), but at least they will still be available at VW. Sorry about that.... if you were dusting off headlights to sell on ebay, I appologise.