Sign in to follow this  
A20 LEE

Hard Disk?

Just got a new Alpine Headunit, thinking about going the hard disk route rather than 6CD changer. Is it better to go with an Alpine HD or can anyone suggest a better alternative?

I'd go for an aux input lead and a decent portable MP3 player.

It'll probably cost you about the same and you can take it with you to enjoy as well as avoiding theiving fingers.

depends what you want if you want to spend the extra and get the alpine one which would be fully controllable from the headunit and probably display track info on the screen and probably sound and look better

or go the cheaper route and use an mp3 player, i-pod or a seperate hard drive system

they do a car kit for the i-pod dont they

Yeah that's what I was getting at.... the Ai-Net Alpine Head units with an I-pod. Alpine have formed a collaboration with Apple and produced a controller lead. When the ipod is connected to the Alpine, all the pod's song information is displayed on the head unit and you skip and FFW/REV tracks on the pod via the head unit.... it's all very nifty 8)

Yeah that's what I was getting at.... the Ai-Net Alpine Head units with an I-pod. Alpine have formed a collaboration with Apple and produced a controller lead. When the ipod is connected to the Alpine, all the pod's song information is displayed on the head unit and you skip and FFW/REV tracks on the pod via the head unit.... it's all very nifty 8)

Ooooh very 8)

Shame you have to use it with the girly looking white iPod... I guess it goes with the nice gay violet tho ;) :lol:

I think the iPod minis come in a range of girly pastel shades (ICE gay not being one of them :lol: ) but you could always strip it and spray the case black or whatever, or get a nice billet alloy case made 8)

I think the iPod minis come in a range of girly pastel shades (ICE gay not being one of them :lol: ) but you could always strip it and spray the case black or whatever, or get a nice billet alloy case made 8)

You might have trouble changing the colour of the touch jog dial tho... mind you a permenant marker will probaby do it :D