Sign in to follow this  
vr6corrado

Another what's it worth?

Sorry if this in the wrong place, but I know a bloke selling his '92 K reg VR6. I think it's aqua blue. He put it on Autotrader recently and some of you may have seen it on there.

Worst bits first: No service history, 71k but definitely been clocked hence no old MOTs either. Noisy timing chains. Not sure if there are any HPI check problems so I told him to get that checked asap. It has some 17" multi spoke alloys and yellow brake calipers (??). It has been lowered and I don't think its just springs as it is quite low but it was too dark for me to see the shocks properly. I did see the rear shocks were red but I also recall some VR's had red rear shocks as standard? Interior is ok except the bolster on the driver's seat needs repair and there is some kind of security lock on the transmission tunnel by the gear lever so the surround with the Karmann badge on is damaged. It has no airbox or carbon cannister but an induction kit made by a company I've never heard of.

Bodywork is actually very good other than the ubiquitous stone chips on the front bumper and I reckon its had a respray. It actually drives ok although he said he could feel the difference straight away when he drove mine I thought it seemed to pull fine though. Also there is a round Scorpion exhaust fitted. Poor guy bought it without knowing much about C's and seems to have been put off them.

So all in all not great but he wants to get rid - spent £600 on it for the MOT recently - MOT til Nov 2005 and tax til end of April. Any ideas what he should ask for?

Sounds like he's been well had! 2K, 2.5K if he's very lucky. No history, MOTs etc is a big no-no for any Corrado, and it's obviously been clocked too...

A Corrado with no service history wont sell easy at all - would say £2k tops.... its obviously a dog.

I reckon you'll be lucky to get £2k. It's 12 years old, messed around with, clocked and no paperwork.... it's essentially scrap as it's too big a risk for most private buyers. A trader might be able salvage it and stick it on the forecourt for £3 - £3.5K though.

Hope he manages to punt it on....

get your mate to ring vw - think there is a helpline number -or i just went straight to a dealership, gave them a reg no and they gave me the info on all the servicing that was carried out by them, at least that'll be something, they are bound to have seen it for a few years at the beginning of its life.

think 2k is the most he'll get - and even then it'll be hard to find someone to part with that much

best of luck

Hmmm if the shell is straight, it's very tempting to use it to bring mine back from the dead...

Now there's an idea.... :)

Well as I just bought me a house with a garage and driveway, it seems rude not to use it... ;)

Cheers for the replies guys (and happy new year!). I will speak to him tomorrow and see what he says. Didn't think of ringing vw - must have some early VWSH. Will let you know what he says.

He went to VW and ran the reg no through their system and found out it has VW main dealer service history til 1997 at 77k, hence I reckon its real mileage will be around 150k. A20 LEE, let me know if your mate is interested. Cheers.