Sign in to follow this  
Henny

Mercury Sports Cars? Anyone heard of it?

I'm about to head off on the 170 mile trip down to Windsor to go and have a look at a rather nice G60 (or at least, nice from the advert) and wondered if anyone had heard of these guys? The car sounds good (Dragon green late'92 G60 all original, and decent history) but I was wondering if anyone else knew of this dealer as he seems to have a couple of Corrados on his site... :?

Lemme know ASAP please, I'm setting off at about 9:30 am on the 29th to go and have a look! :)

Ta! 8)

is this the guy that has a few C's on the autotrader site? i was looking at them the other day IIRC he has 'call my mobile' on his website which doesnt strike me as super professional, but hey, the car could still be sound!

yeah, that's the bunny.... I called him today, he seemed OK, and sussed out PDQ that I knew my Corrado (wonder what gave it away?!? ;) ) and didn't try to feed me any BS... He deals from home, which isn't neccesarily a bad thing, I just wondered if anyone had come across them before so I don't waste 340 miles in a Punto ( :pukeleft: ) to go and see what could be a shed... :|

Ive never seen any of his cars before in person however i have spoken to him a few times...

Funnily enough this chap was suppose to buy my Fiat Coupe off me... However he phoned me the day he was suppose to come and pick it up to say he wasnt coming anymore, and that was that :mad:

Spoken to him since about some of his Corrado's but he seems very vague over the phone :roll:

Good luck Henny mate, i hope hes not a tw@t afterall :wink:

Good luck mate, and be sure to report back if he is a time waster!

And get some pics ;)

M777CUSGTI, Yeah, he started off being a bit vauge, and then I asked a couple of questions that may have tipped him off a little about what I know about G60 corrados... :lol: :oops:

He was very forthcoming after that and seemed friendly and honest about the car and it's condition... ;)

joebloggsVR69, Dunno mate, I'll look into that now.... Thanks for the memory jog... 8)

jimsG60, Ta... Will do, hence this thread! ;) 8)

At the end of the day, I need a new car PDQ as I'm having to pay out nearly £100 a week at the moment for a hire car so I can get to work.... I REALLY want another Corrado G60, and there's only 4 or 5 I can find for sale which meet my criteria and this is one of them.... Looks like I'm in for a shitty journey down the motorways in a Punto 1.2 tomorrow then... :? :(

Wish me luck! ;) 8)

M6 -> M40? You'll be sailing right past Coventry. Be sure to beep your horn on the way through ;)

Just checked out the ad for it on Autotrader....

Sounds like really good value for the money! :wink:

Yup, that's what I thought... 8) If it's as it is on the advert, I don't give a damn about the engine 'cos I'll be swapping my engine out of J-DUB into it (as well as the brakes, suspension, intercooler, leather etc etc etc ;) ) so as long as the body and history are straight, I'm on a winner... ;)

Jim, will do matey! ;) Watch out for a maniac in a black Punto flying down the motorway pretending to be in something worth driving! ;)

If that doesn't work out mate, I might have an option on a Flash Red Corrado VR6.. I should be getting a call about it on NYE to go and check it over. I mentioned it on the forum a few months back, but the owner has been back in touch with me about it.

Might go for a good price too.. black heated leather, and lady owned. A good base if you wanna rip the guts out of it and stick all the G60 stuff back in...

I didnt really warm to this guy as other people have said he seemed a bit vague espically as i had seen a silver vr6 for something like £4250 and i noticed on his picture the number plate was the same, i asked him if had just bought it and he just gave me some crap not really answering my question. I thought i'll go and have a look in any case even though he had it up for about £6250! Any way i gave him a bell the night before i was going to see it and he just said 'nah sold it' and that was it.

Glad i didn't give that bloke any money in the end,seemed a bit of a dick!

it drove like a nice new G60, really nice and tight... but there's paint and dents on just about EVERY panel apart from the roof... :| Oh, and the sunroof was shagged too...

Not what I was looking for, although not a rip off for the money... Oh, but the service history left something wanting too... :| :roll: If you're good at body work, it'd be worth doing, but I'm after one with mint(ish) bodywork that I can lob my engine into and start having some fun again... ;) 8)

Phil K, nah, wasn't a wasted journey... I ended up buying a Corrado from Milton Keynes on the way back anyway! 8) There wasn't anything wrong with the green G60 he was selling, it just wasn't upto what I wanted from a Corrado... He's in Eton, just about half a mile from the boys school...

M777CUSGTI, I had a quick poke around it... 109K miles and looked rather tidy to be honest... it was parked in front of the green one on the road... Didn't have a proper look around it though, as I was tired and only wanted to have a look at G60s... 8)

[

M777CUSGTI, I had a quick poke around it... 109K miles and looked rather tidy to be honest... it was parked in front of the green one on the road... Didn't have a proper look around it though, as I was tired and only wanted to have a look at G60s... 8)

Thanks for that mate, may have a look at that VR6 soon :wink: