Sign in to follow this  
fla

engine cutting out

Ok, so its ok to just disconnect the battery for half an hour? Mine was removed for most of the day on saturday, plus it had gone flat anyway. Should I do anything new to the TPS? Kev you're right hter are various codes etc and a procedure to reset it, i think its somewhere here in the forum. I've got a copy at home but am a bit wary of changing any settings, unless anyone has some good tips. Dr Mat?

Just a thought Kev whilst you mention chucking some Slick 50 in jest (er who would really use that on anything apart from v low temp applications anyway?), i have a non-ptfe based lube (which i used to supply some years back) which doesnt clog up even at temperature. Maybe a squirt of that might help? Certainly makes contact surface super smooth and last absolutely ages.

Yeah I armed myself with some carb cleaner and "3-in-1 with PTFE" spray today to do my ISV tonight. Having looked inside the ISV everytime I clean it it's not hard to see why they jam up. There's always loads of scoring marks on the valve. I'm thinking about flattening it off with a dremel or something as it clearly binds when hot.

I'll try the PTFE in the meantime though..... Your spray sounds interesting though! Give it a try, it won't hurt....

I wouldn't recommend messing with the adaptation settings now that you've lost them. Just let it re-adapt. That's better than messing it up..