Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigben

1000bhp goal!

This guy rekons he can get 1000bhp out of a 16v!!! And its got the rallye 4WD setup on it.... well I was just gobsmacked when I saw the size of the turbo.

Thoughts please...lol

Rev it to 10k rpm and you only need to generate 500lbft to hit 1k bhp...

Ok, so that's not very easy in itself, but hey! :)

t_engine5.jpg

Might help if the turbo's pipes were connected.... :p

And I thought the Rallye 4wd system could only manage 300bhp?

Well that's just silly :lol:

I'm sure it's possible to get 1kbhp out of it, but as Supercharged says, it aint gonna last long.

Just wait til Scruffythefirst sees that turbo, he'll soil his pants :lol:

Hmmmn, seem to remember seeing this before on another site, it's in a Mk1 isn't it ? Reckon it should be difficult but possible, far easier to hit that target using 20V engine as base. Nice though and would like to see it finished and running,

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60

Its a mk2 golf with rallye arches I think. And yes the 4wd can only really take around 300bhp, I'm pushing my luck with 350-400bhp! So 1000bhp - forget it! Its the torque that will kill it!

Exactly. 500lbft would toast the gearbox and drivetrain pretty much straight away. Even the mighty Lotus Carlton with huge uprated driveshafts etc was snapping them till they turned the torque knob down below 500 lbft...

Just wait til Scruffythefirst sees that turbo, he'll soil his pants Laughing

You know me too well.

If he wants to hit over 500bhp everything except the block and the head casting will have to be replaced - crank rods and pistons wont cope as standard. 600bhp is hard enough in a cossy and thats had a lot of development work as it is. Looks neat though - 8 injectors :onfire:

I'd be more concerned with the sheer grunt tearing the suspension turrets away from the shell! I've seen a vid of an 1100bhp Supra tearing away from the line and you could clearly see the wings buckle :shock:

A fine piece of engineering and good for a laugh but as already mentioned, it's going to blow, no question!

Surely it wont be able to pull away without leavin the body behind! wonder what the standing qtr would be on that!? wonder how it will stop at the end more to the point!

The whole chassis will be replaced by rubber. The front of the car will have finished the std qtr, and the back of the car will be just twanging off the start line... But when that rubber band snaps back.. you really don't wanna be in it.. ;)