Sign in to follow this  
Ice White Socks

Recommendations for Bike carriers?

Hi,

Today was the first time and the last time I use my Corrado to carry my mountain bike around in. Spent two hours biking then about the same again getting the car clean again :?

Was thinking about buying one of those bike racks that fit on the back of the car. Does anyone else use these and if so can you recommend me a brand/ model that fits OK.

Not sure how the spoiler will affect things either- maybe I'll have to take the fuse out or something?

Cheers

Mike

Seem to recall doing a post about this a while ago with piccies of a three cycle carrier from Halfords fitted on the back of my C. Fully adjustable to clear the spoiler. I'll see if i can dig out a piccy and post it here now....should be able to identify the Halfords model from the piccy. About £50 as I recall.

...nope, must have ditched it off my PC, should be on here somewhere though if you try a search....

I used to have a Hollywood 3 Bike rack that fitted my polo perfectly, but wasn't going to clear the spoiler on my C in a million years.

While, as Kvwloon says, there may be a, er, "strap-on solution" , I would point out that with a rack like this you will be unable to use the rear wipers, and struggle to lift the tailgate etc. Also, no matter how careful you are, you eventually end up scratching the car at some point.

As I regularly carry downhill (read: big, heavy, and awkwardly shaped) bikes around I did the unthinkable and had a tow bar fitted so I can use a Pendle tow-bar rack. It's solid, doesn't touch the paintwork in any way, and can be easily removed from the tow-bar. Yes the tow-bar looks a bit silly, but if needs must...