Sign in to follow this  
tattyrado

will later bonnet fit pre 91

I need to replace the bonnet on my 91 G60 and most of the ones I've found so far are off the later facelifted cars. I'd quite like to fit one of these as the buldge looks more aggresive so I'd just like to know if it will fit or if I'd need to change anything else.

tattyrado, Welcome to the forum...

I'm not entirely sure about this one Dinkus, I know people have done it in the past but I also know the later wings are shaped differently as well....

The late bonnet DOES just bolt straight on to an earlier car. The front wings are only different in the arch area, not where the bonnet meets them. The headlamps and grill (and slam panel if you're being picky ;) ) are different, but either early or later ones can be used with either bonnet.

Late bumper on an early would protrude slightly at the wheel arch as later wings are slightly flared

It is worth noting that the metal supports under the bonnet are a slightly different configuration between the late and early spec bonnets. So if you have any engine mods that stick up, you might get fouling problems.

my new Corrado has a late bonnet on an early car, with early lights so I can guarantee that it fits properly! :lol: I've also just compared the 2 front bumpers I have, and they're exactly the same width. (one early, one late g60)

cool im going to have mine resprayed at some point this year and need to start collecting bits going to update to later spec i just prefer the bonnet really