Sign in to follow this  
GIXXERUK

polish recommendations

i did a search on this and couldnt believe it hasnt been aired ......

anyhow, whats you favourite polish ? price , finish ,application and car colour

i apply using a damp sponge , this way it dries quicker and save on swirl marks by applying minimum coverage of polish....

auto glym is ok on a light coloured cars but i find its too staticy :) on a dark car, just attracts dust

auto glym is better if you use auto glym gold afterwards

mer is ok but very similar results to auto glym

meguiars nxt gives a nice finish and is easy to apply and remove

zymol is very good

most of the american sites i go on rave aabout mothers but i havent tried it

what do you use ?? :?:

I've been using Zymol's cheapest polish and the matching soap for the water.. both are around £7/bottle from Halfrauds..

I can't believe the finish it gives. Its simply superb.. when the car is just washed it goes a fantastic deep glossy petrol type colour. I can't reccomend it enough.

I'm not going to try and pretend its better than the expensive Swissol kits but then it shouldn't be compared to that anyway. Excellent value for money, and the best i've ever used quite honestly.

got a nice 240v car polisher for chrimbo which worked very well with the auto glym super resin stuff

i also found that lightly sprinkling the car with clean water then taking it for a drive to dry off gets rid of any static problems

I also find that, after a polish, a very light spray of water and another going over with your chamois brings it out to an even glossier shine :)

Swissol is the nuts, but I know it's expensive so I'm not going to preach as usual ... unless you want me to :D

At the moment I use auto glym supreme polish which is part of their trade range. It is far, far better than the ordinary auto glym stuff which I don't like at all. It is easy to use, lasts quite well, works especially well on darker colours and is good vfm. I was thinking of trying either meguiars or that cheap zymol from Halfords that was mentioned when the bottle of auto glym is finished.

Product Code V310

Description One Grand Blitz Wax 283g

Price £11.914

this one lee ?

Yeah thats it.

got a nice 240v car polisher for chrimbo which worked very well with the auto glym super resin stuff

i also found that lightly sprinkling the car with clean water then taking it for a drive to dry off gets rid of any static problems

Didn't notice this reply. Autoglym is a polish not a wax and offers little protection for your paint. If you have a red C you will notice the polishing cloth will be red after use. This is not good if you polish it regularly. Autoglym has its place, i use it myself but only for prep at the beginning of a season (ie. once a year) and thats it, wax from there on. I don't rate buffers either. Your car should aways be polished in straight lines so you don't get swirl marks.

Meguiars is the best. I've got the cleaner wax and a wet wax spray.. get when i cant be arsed to do it properly.

Wish it lasted more than a week tho lol

Didn't notice this reply. Autoglym is a polish not a wax and offers little protection for your paint. If you have a red C you will notice the polishing cloth will be red after use. This is not good if you polish it regularly. Autoglym has its place, i use it myself but only for prep at the beginning of a season (ie. once a year) and thats it, wax from there on. I don't rate buffers either. Your car should aways be polished in straight lines so you don't get swirl marks.

yeah i know its only a polish but the car hadnt been polished properly since last summer and was starting to go pink. :lol:

and the thread title is "polish recomendations" not "wax recomendations" :lol:

i only used the buffer to apply the polish as it did a really good job of getting it on evenly, and buffed it off by hand to avoid any swirls,

i used some wax in a white flat tin last year but i cant remember what it was but it gave a really good long lasting finnish, looks like i will be getting some Meguiars or swissol soon though

I used that £12 a pop Zymol stuff from Halfords and despite is smelling good enough to drink, when you polish it off it leaves sooo much white residue everywhere! The Turtle Wax Colour stuff seems to give a very good shine? Is this a bit pikey for your polish snobs :D ;)