Sign in to follow this  
G

After some help

Hi everyone this is my first post. My car is going up for sale soon and once sold i should have just under 2k to spend on a Corrado. Just after some opinions on which type i should buy. I've been put off buying a G60 for under 2k so i'm thinking either a 1.8 or 2.0 16v. Any ideas? :?:

hummm.. for 2k you will find a corrado thast needs about 2k worth of work to get it running like a 4k one... but without the bother...

LOL i speak with going through this myself.. LOL

get a cheapish 1.8 16V and then save any cash left over to sort out any problems with the car... 8)

Because the 2.0 is newer, you're unlikely to get one for under 2K... :(

Yeah thats what i was thinking. Would love a VR6 eventualy but would like to get a corrado now until i can save up more cash.

not really,

ok granted that the g60's can blow, but other than that the engine is pretty robust and with the 16 valves you would get other problems like the mechanical injector unit failing, cold start valve etc.

I think you could get a decent g60 for 2k but budget about 400 -500 for a charger rebuild

Majik, you ain't looked for a G60 recently then... :| I didn't find one for under £2500 while I've been looking, and quite a few of the ones around 3K I went to see were utter dogs... :| Oh, and most needed a charger rebuild on top of that... :(

if I was looking now I'd go for a G60...

Me too. But only now that I've got my head round the trials and tribulations of C ownership with my 1.8 valver.

If I was in G 's position I'd defo go for a 1.8 16v and throw any money left over from the 2k at sorting some of the bits out.

Just my 2 & 6pence

Yup, I'd go for a 1.8 valver, especially if insurance is likely to be an issue. I picked mine up from the For Sale section on here for a bargain price, and had some of my budget left over to get a few things sorted and a Cat 1 Alarm fitted :-).

Good luck,

Tom

another vote for a 1.8 valver from me, mine cost me less than 2k over a year ago and (touching lots of wood) all I've really 'had' to do is the usual dizzy cap/rotor arm/leads. now i've said that it'll probably implode next time i start it!

lol, thanks for all the help guys. I've just put my car on sale in autotrader so i've got my fingers crossed and hopefuly see u lot at a corrado meet in the near future.