Sign in to follow this  
Timo.

Snooper SD715iS Anyone got one???

These seem to be rather cheap at the minute. Half price in halfords £99.99. Anybody have one?? Just wondering if there are any good. They seem to be the middle of the road in spec. I'm just trying to find excuses for not buying one as the temptation in becoming to strong....... cant resist!!!

Timo.

Been resisting the urge to get a radar detector too, but have just bitten the bullet and bought a Road Angel 2. £293 inc VAT from Nelson Wilbury. He's got 7 left if anyone else is interested.

Been resisting the urge to get a radar detector too, but have just bitten the bullet and bought a Road Angel 2. £293 inc VAT from Nelson Wilbury. He's got 7 left if anyone else is interested.

LOL - couldn't wait any longer! - Just been up to lowetsoft with mine and seems to be working fine, still need to wait until tomorrow for the registration so I can download the updates...

Yeah LOL, thought it would be handy as they're sticking up new cameras all over the place at the moment and I can never remember where they all are.

Don't you have to plug into the computer and download something and also register it first?

I think thats the same one as mine. seems to work all right, pretty sensitive. has a town mode too to numb it down a little.

I had one a while ago but decided to sell it.

They are okay for motorway use as most cameras are either radar triggered static Gatso's or (in road works) radar triggered mobile units. It will pick these up as good as gold, however it will pick up all sorts of missleading signals on an urban journey - things like automatic shop door ways & trafic lights etc which can be a pain in the ring piece. Oh and don't rely on them for picking up lazer either, buy the time you have realised your being targetted they've already logged your speed - it takes seconds.

Look on e-bay if you want one they sell for £50 second hand.

Hope this helps

Don't you have to plug into the computer and download something and also register it first?

Yeah, registration takes 24 hours but it works, picks up blackspots and fixed cameras - just not up to date until you've downloaded the latest location updates

ive had one for a few years!

although its not infallible i reckon it has saved me a couple of times

for a hundred quid you cant go wrong

Yeah, registration takes 24 hours but it works, picks up blackspots and fixed cameras - just not up to date until you've downloaded the latest location updates

Defo needs updating then as it thinks my work carpark space is a blackspot, LOL!!

Damn Wilbury...I knew there was a reason why he was so keen to get rid of them :mad: :D

No, its right Kev.. the police read about your little BMW 330i tussle a few months back and have got a complete mobile Gatso system setup near where you work so they can try and catch you out ;)

LOL.... actually my car is probably a moving Gatso! The police probably sneaked a few covert devices onto my car in the small hours!

Got one of ebay last night for £62, so I cant complain. If its sh&te then I've only lost 62 bucks instead of £100 (halfords) or £200 RRP.

Its as new, used one, in box with everything!

kevhaywire, That Road Angel you have? Is that the top of thr range with laser/radar detection along with the GPS? Just, my Dad may be interested as that a pretty good price!

Timo.

Got one of these through the post this morning of ebay. Went for a wee test! Doesn't like traffic lights very much, picks it up far away and not even in the line of sight. It like a disco when it goes off, bleeping and flashing like a wee mad thing.

Went onto the bypass and it went nuts again, one of those safety camera vans was driving along in the opposite direction. Damn thing must have smelt it unless some of its devices when still turned on.

Thought it was quite funny, haven't seen one of those vans around my area for ages. The minute I get a radar detector one drives past me! Weird!!

Let the games begin (NOT!! must not be caught for speeding, must keep clean license!)

Timo.