Sign in to follow this  
Rustynuts

Golfer to turn Rado?

Hi all, new to the forum but a regular on CGTI and other forums. I am looking at getting a Corrado G60 (I think) so thought i would come on here for you lot to convince me its the way forward.

I have owned 5 Golf Gti's in the last 4 years (not all are still complete :lol: ) I still have my first 1.8 Mk2 8v which has done me proud and now the Mrs drives it (allbeit on its 3rd engine) and i am driving around in the silver shed (1.9 C&R engine 8v, coilovers, rado interior :wink: , and is just a little bit rusty.

Thing is i want to trackday this year which would be a good exscuse to keep the Golf as it will be perfect for it, however the Corrado idea appeals.

Hi

I am also a Golfer who has turned Corrado :)

Ive always wanted a Corrado and I finally had the chance to get one. My hubby currently has a mk2 golf syncro.

I got my Corrado VR6 back in June and dont regret it for a second!

Its amazing how many Golf enthusiasts turn to the corrado at some point-thats what has happend with my family-but mum still wants the new GTI as golfs are fantastic cars. Go for it mate,make sure you get a good one and you wont regret it!

Cheers Fraser

Yeah well i like Golfs and will be keeping my first one whatever, just fancy a change and the G60 appeals highly. Though the trackday thing is bugging me, i don't care about throwing the silver one around as its not that tidy. Though a Rado would be a different matter if i got a tidy one.

Rustynuts, Walcome to the forum... nice name by the way!

Yeah, I went from a MK2 GTi to a G60 and it's a good upgrade power-wise...

All Mk2 owners want Corrado's and tend to move to them eventually, It is a shame tho that the Corrado's were never quite as solid as the mk2 in terms of build quality and you will always be wanting to get it as solid as the mk2 - Despite this I love the looks, power and handling of the C and don't regret it one bit - it's also getting harder to find a decent G60 so go for it!

Sounds like a plan to me, though the track day thing might have to be gotten out of the system first. At this moment i am thinking i will keep the Golf for a while and maybe look for a rado in spring/summer. Though this is likely to change at any moment as I was looking lustfully at Jims G60 in the for sale section.

As for a Golf G60, i like Rallyes and also the standard body, however part of it is about the looks, i like the low coupe look for a change from the boxey Golfs. Interested to hear that the build quality is not as good as Mk2 Golfs, this does not bother me as the silver one is right sloppy shed, however my black one it now nice and tight after 183k.

Here are some pics of my golfs.