Sign in to follow this  
K-rado

Official P6000

Official P6000’s are pants

Now I know this may cause a debate but what the hell.

I fitted 2 new P6000 to my Storm not so long ago (they still have the furry bits on the side walls) and they are worn, evenly down to the wear indicator bar.

I have covered………………..Wait 4 it………..

……..a shade under 4000 miles.

No b4 u ask have not seen any track days

No have not been running the C ragged

No Have not been riding the breaks.

In Fact, Yes I have enjoyed my C but I would guess that 80% of the time I was driving “normally” with a healthy fuel economy return of circa 25 to 33 mpg

(see a new tread …in a minute or two re: Super Unleaded V’s Leaded”

So what do ya recon? Getting a new set of boots tomorrow from my friendly tyre fitter for free (again)

P6000's were the only tyre fitted to Ford Racing Pumas - I was going through them within 9000 miles - thats with only 155BHP

P6000's were the only tyre fitted to Ford Racing Pumas - I was going through them within 9000 miles - thats with only 155BHP

I think the VR is a heavey mother in the front. Used to have P-Zero's on my old Vr6 and thought 8K from them were bad!

I had p6000s on the standard 15's I used to run and they did wear stupidly quickly, not 4000 miles quickly, but close! went for them thinking pirelli were a resonable cheap(ish) tyre and was disapointed.

they are a pants for wear, but good for grip

Hmmmmm? the Jury is out on that one. Must admit they were not bad for all round grip IMO but nothing to write home abt, but if I remember correctly the P-Zero's were better, only marginal thou!

dissapoining. after 3000 miles on mine, theres still about 2 years left. and im no easy on them....

And i think they've been brilliant with shiiiy weather and roads up here too, wouldnt blink at having another set.

Have P7000's on my OZ's, they were quickish to wear, but i quite like them. will probably be P Zero Nero's next.

Pirellis are shite all round in my opinion, we could never tell how long they were gonna last cos each set was different if you want a long lasting tyre with reasonable grip then continental have the best tread wear rating and are not like your michelins and goodys when it comes to price

That has solved that problim. P's have got the boot. New set of Piolots all round and boy what an instant change to the handeling. Cracking girp in the rain on the way home. oh and got them free he he he he

Its not whay you know you know!

used to have p6000 on my pug and i loved them, BUT when i came to changing them all the local tyre place had was the power energy p6000's these ones are lower rating i think and they lasted a very poor amount of time

2p's worth

It's always worth remembering that tyres don't last forever - Once they hit 18months old, stick em in the skip.

You got through a set of 6000s inside 4000 miles?! Something not right there. They're quite a hard compound. Even Toyos last longer than that.

I would say you DO drive it very hard or your geometry is out.

Nop. As stated 80% of te time was normal driving. Had some fun at highr speeds but nothing silly. Both tyres wore evenly OSF outter was a little more scrubbed than the NS. From above the general consencus s they are soft but grippy and dont last all that long. Had them on my E240 EVO tip and lasted no more than 7k on the backs. I Do think I need to sort out my camber but the rest is OK. No gudders at any speed or pull under breaking. I do have fun where I can but as I have said. nothing silly, reckless, wheel spins or otherwise.

Have to say I feel the same as kevhaywire here, had P6000s on my GTi-6 and they lasted ages but were frankly a bit rubbish on the grip front.....might be worth have a look around even if you think it's all OK.

For your new boots may I recommend Bridgestone's Potenza RE720 8)

I had P6000s all round on an 8v Mk.2 GTi and I found the exact opposite - the grip was poor but they lasted forever!

I found they were great.. even wit my camber problems... lol they lasted (make sure your sitting down) around 15,000 mi no shit..

I am no expert here, not by any stritch of the imagination but maybe there is such thing as good batches and bad batches. The P6000 did not last very well on the E-class, they were exceptionaly poo on the corrado.

Some lasted exceptionaly well on some cars and some agree with me that they are pants. But with a range of 4k to 15k, makes you wonder!

Some people think I trash my C (Never) and some people might think that G60Dub forgot to put them on his car for the first 11K.

Mr Peddilorelli :p , You have a lot to answere for!

I used to run the valver onn P600s and found them very good both for handling and wear. These were discontinued and had to put P6000 on idc. I agree with anyone who has said they are pants. Both handling and wear rate was crap in comparison to the 600. Wouldn't want em on the VR, that's for certain.

Just my 2p

snap with the P-zero 6/10 and the P600 7/10. Had them on my old rocco many yrs ago and they seemed to last 4ages. P6000? 2or3/10

Some lasted exceptionaly well on some cars and some agree with me that they are pants. But with a range of 4k to 15k, makes you wonder!

Some people think I trash my C (Never) and some people might think that G60Dub forgot to put them on his car for the first 11K.

Cheeky sod :lol: ... everyone that has had bad experience wit them has had them on quiet heavy cars... maybe thats a factor what with the rubber being fairly soft.