Sign in to follow this  
Jim

DRASTIC Insurance Reduction!

Wow - just got off the phone to discuss my insurance renewal which isn't in the too distant future..

Last year - paying a little over £1,300 - this year i've been quoted £776! Not a bad improvement eh? Gonna obviously try shopping around but have found John to be really really useful every time i've ever had to talk to him on the phone..

Finally - my gradual crawl towards old age is starting to pay off ;) :)

Good news Jim! About time you had a reasonably cheap premium after years of being stung for living where you do.

I was happy getting mine down to £650 this year with all mods declared.

It's your birthday soon isn't it? I seem to recall it's mid-Jan sometime...?

This coming Saturday mate :)

And yeah.. i've paid through the nose for bloody long enough. Mates of mine have managed to get insured with crooked companies that gave them fake NCD's etc, whilst in the mean time i've been coughing up huge amounts of money to stay safe.. nice that i'm finally starting to see the rewards.

Better believe i'm gonna be sticking protected no claims now that i've hit 4 years as well.

:)

Don't even want to know what mine is going to be....

Should be reasonable through Brentacre. John who works there has got a 16V G60 and I think he's going down the 4x4 route too, so they should go easy on you :lol:

hmmm.... quoted me 1200 fully comp with all mods declared, 5 NCD 3points and the car stays ont he drive, at limited mileage and i live ina bloody good area to boot!!

HIC quoted me 800 all in and the missus on for free.

Tho was well happy with brentacare, definatly a top top top guy :)

Well my policy was based on 4 years NCD, 24 year old driver, no points or claims ever, and a power limit of 210BHP. Live in an 'E' rated area too which is pretty sheeite ;)

jimsG60, yeah mate, but what im saying is, i got a similar quote from the same company which i had bettered quite considerably.

have you tried HIC yet?

not up for renewal for 6 months lol - just interested to know - we have naff all choice over here :(

Try Quinn Direct you'll find them in the Yellow Pages

This coming Saturday mate :)

And yeah.. i've paid through the nose for bloody long enough. Mates of mine have managed to get insured with crooked companies that gave them fake NCD's etc, whilst in the mean time i've been coughing up huge amounts of money to stay safe.. nice that i'm finally starting to see the rewards.

Better believe i'm gonna be sticking protected no claims now that i've hit 4 years as well.

:)

Companies that give out fake NCD's?

How do they get away with that?

Christ! :lol:

jimsG60, yeah mate, but what im saying is, i got a similar quote from the same company which i had bettered quite considerably.

have you tried HIC yet?

Not yet this year, but I will.

Last year they came back with the bank busting quote of over £2,700. I thought the guy on the phone was about to say "Only kidding mate, actually its..." but that never happened. Who's having who on at that kinda price!

Will be shopping around though this year just to make sure I can't do better :)

God almighty thats a whoare of an insurance bill.

the 16valver costs £160 I think all in protected with alloys,is a G60/VR6 much more scary ? kin ell

Im so shocked

No, its just that i'm a yoof when compared to you mate! G60 is only another point or so up the insurance chart (group 17) but then I do have a reasonable list of modifications on mine so again that makes the price go up and up... :)

I'm capped at 210BHP for insurance purposes and am actually making 207BHP - which is handy!

Brentacre are the only ones who gave me anywhere near a decent quote last year. £1550 full comp. (24y/o) I live in an F* area (total bottom of the scale!) and many of the companies I rang just told me they don't insure my area as soon as I started to reel off my postcode.

Although, they do slap on a £500 excess - but I guess thats ok cos i'd only ever claim if the car actually got nicked. Not worth claiming for anything else cos they'll just rape it back from you over the next few years.

Hope it goes down this year with 4 years no claims and i'll be 25 in april.

Mine has just come down £300 too.

Has anyone got brentacres number? I'm gonna try and get a quote off them.

And as for where I live. If anyone has seen the film when saturday comes. Well the slum places where Sean Bean lives is 100 mteres from my street.

Thankfully theyve been knocked down now and replced with posh ones

Spoke to Adrian Flux earlier this evening and talked to a pretty useful guy.. he managed to get me a quote of £720, or £770 with protected no claims. A little cheaper than Brentacre. Still the same XS of £500 thanks to it being underwritten by Highway and then having this 'young driver excess' thing.

Gonna try phoning around a bit as things are getting interesting. I might own a car that makes the insurance companies cry but I guess at 24 having had no accidents, points or claims of any kind and with 4 years NCD I am starting to look like a reasonably safe policy holder for them.

If possible I'd try and avoid Highway, just in case anything does happen. They are one of the cheapest insurers out there, but trying to get a reasonable offer out of them brings to mind blood and stones... Good luck!

Tom