Sign in to follow this  
funboxvr6

VR6 Servicing

Dear all, I have lost the service book for my VR6. Really p!ssed off on two fronts:

1. have lost the service history (not *that* much of a hassle really as I don't want to sell it anyway, and most of the work wasn't VW anyway and I still have the receipts)

2. don't know what the service schedule is now.

Can anyone help or advise please.?

Also anyone know any independent in my area (Worthing West Sussex) who could diagnose a low rev missfire when cold and unexpected stalling when hot , slowing down for junctions etc? One who won't rip me off !

Cheers dudes

I don't know if JMR deal with VR6's or not, but it wouldn't hurt you to drop them a line. They are based down in West Sussex also. Send a private message to the forum member '16VG60' and he might be able to help you out.

With regards to the servicing schedule.. well.. if in any doubt, just phone up and get it in for an oil change service. Should only cost you around £120 and thats gotta be worth some peace of mind.

Also anyone know any independent in my area (Worthing West Sussex) who could diagnose a low rev missfire when cold and unexpected stalling when hot , slowing down for junctions etc? One who won't rip me off !

That's a tough one to cure permanently that one.... and very common. Not even the usual VW gurus and tuners have been able to solve that one yet. Good luck!

Thanks chaps, does anyone have a list or a photocopy or whatever of what needs changing at what service interval etc? that's what i'm after on the service schedule side. Also do you know if i can get a new service book from vw?

Ta

The owner's handbook contains all that info. They pop up on ebay from time to time. Otherwise ring round the scrapyards.

Meanwhile, if the car has any VW history, VW can give you a printout of what was done and when.

Yeah, just go to VW and ask for a dialogue printout, they willalso be able to provide a duplicate service book and stamp it up to when the VW service history stopped.